Author Topic: Christianity Today, influential evangelical magazine, says Trump 'should be removed from office'  (Read 4229 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

No one I know. I literally have not met a rabidly pro-Tump fan. Never seen a red hat, never seen a bumpersticker. 

Considering the foot traffic you must get on your mountaintop I'm not surprised.   :shrug:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

Are you drunk,or just retarded? Maybe drunk AND retarded?

Don't drink ... and probable the only people that didn't understand what I was referring to might be the retarded you seek.

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

Trump NY Values...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, in 2016 it was more than the spectre of "electability" it was about the spectre of "doing", of "accomplishing".  I never heard anyone wearing the conservative label tell me what he would accomplish, actually DO as President.  I heard a lot about bad Donald Trump, American history, Ronald Reagan, Christian principles, but precious little about anything else.

Trump was different.  He saw a problem, he had a plan to fix it.  He promised he would not let us down.  And he hasn't.  President Trump has accomplished more in three years than any conservative candidate running in 2016 even considered in the entirety of his/her political career.

For instance, which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords, the Iran "deal", renegotiated trade deals around the globe to secure mutual benefits for American workers, gotten our allies to open their wallets for their own defense because American taxpayers deserved not to be taken advantage of? 

Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have negotiated with Mexico to keep asylum seekers until we were ready for them, negotiated agreements with Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras requiring migrants on their way to the US to apply for protections in those countries first or face immediate deportation back to their home countries --- essentially ending catch and release?  Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would be building a wall along our Southern border by using every creative means available to secure the money to fund it?

Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have the economic acumen to put the pieces together to usher in an economy and jobs environment that left even CNN gobsmacked?

And name the conservative candidate running in 2016 who would accomplish all of this, and more, by plowing through an unrelenting resistance from the opposition party, his own party and the media?

No, @Smokin Joe 2016 wasn't just about winning. It wasn't about shiny objects. 2016 was about finding the right man who could "do" and turn this ship around.  And we did.  We found Donald J. Trump.  This is why we voted FOR him, and will do it all over again in 2020.
A nice retrospective, but I'm not buying it. Donald J Trump had pretty much zero on his track record as an elected official. It wasn't "doing it", it was promises, and there are plenty of those spoken in any election year, generally worth the paper they aren't printed on.

Actually, 2016 was about defeating Hillary.
That's it, in a nutshell.

Obamacare might die in the courts, but the Congress didn't touch it.
Instead they "cut" taxes so I now pay taxes on over $20,000 of expenses a year--money I have to spend to make a living. That has been signed off on by someone who doesn't do his own taxes.

Hillary is now gracing the world with her new chipmunk cheeks, free of interconnected 'jewelry', and wears orange only if she wants to. Her minions walk among humanity unrestrained, enriched by their experiences.

The invasion waves have slowed down. They had to, or people would have been at the border turning them around, and the government would fight our own folks defending our border, no matter who is in the White House.

There is no shortage of promises in an election year, like increasing the ethanol mandate (regardless of percentage in the fuel, there is a set amount that must be blended in).
But I would think there was at least one more candidate in the pool in 2016 who would have done the things which have been done, without lighting up twitter feeds.
I'll be the first to say that Trump has helped lift some of the damaging red tape and needless nonsense the Obama Administration imposed on my industry (oil and gas), and that has helped put America in the position to be a net exporter of energy, breaking the stranglehold OPEC had on world supply, and undermining even Russia's energy hegemony. That's good, but I don't recall him promising that.

As for the future, in 2020, , we have a panel of gun-grabbers, alien invasion enablers, and anti-energy industry types on the Democrat side, all issues which are deal breakers for me, and things to vote against.

Any conservative candidate would have to do something about the hordes of invaders thrown at our border in well-orchestrated waves, regardless of what they had promised. The wall was something Cruz had been talking about well before I ever heard it from Trump.

Regardless, we fight with the army we have, not the one we wish for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Considering the foot traffic you must get on your mountaintop I'm not surprised.   :shrug:

Nah, I get around a bit... Ain't no different, Flathead or Lincoln county on over to Coeur D'Alene ID, and points north, over to about Priest Lake by my own knowledge... Got a cuz over in western KS, who is plugged in hard to the Tea Party folks over in Colorado, and I am on the phone with folks south of here on this side of the hump, on toward Jackson Hole, Cheyenne, Sheridan in Wyoming, and points west toward Kennewick Wa. and south into mid and eastern Oregon, not to mention some east of here over the hump. All them places, while I can't see them with my own eyes, I am told are no different.

I have said before that when I was in business, I had deep networking in the Intermountain West and the Pacific Northwest, that I also used to the advantage of several Life organizations and Tea Party folks... I still have my fingers in it enough to take a pulse now and then. Not so bad for sitting on a mountain top, eh?

Offline roamer_1

A nice retrospective, but I'm not buying it.

Yeah, me neither. I have refuted those talking points so many times there is no point in doing it yet again. It is amazing what people will believe without actually checking.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

I encourage you to listen to the Tump propaganda flooding the Christian Right. Nearly every Christian media is promoting this kind of crap... to include Mark Taylor's prophecies, Trey Smith and others hawking the Kim Clement prophecies, The Tump/Cyrus shtick... It is an orchestrated campaign within the Christian Right, not limited to Graham and Falwell and White.

And it is a sucker play.
If you say so. I have no idea who the people you named, other than Graham and Falwell, might be. Never heard of them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, in 2016 it was more than the spectre of "electability" it was about the spectre of "doing", of "accomplishing".  I never heard anyone wearing the conservative label tell me what he would accomplish, actually DO as President.  I heard a lot about bad Donald Trump, American history, Ronald Reagan, Christian principles, but precious little about anything else.

Trump was different.  He saw a problem, he had a plan to fix it.  He promised he would not let us down.  And he hasn't.  President Trump has accomplished more in three years than any conservative candidate running in 2016 even considered in the entirety of his/her political career.

For instance, which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords, the Iran "deal", renegotiated trade deals around the globe to secure mutual benefits for American workers, gotten our allies to open their wallets for their own defense because American taxpayers deserved not to be taken advantage of? 

Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have negotiated with Mexico to keep asylum seekers until we were ready for them, negotiated agreements with Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras requiring migrants on their way to the US to apply for protections in those countries first or face immediate deportation back to their home countries --- essentially ending catch and release?  Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would be building a wall along our Southern border by using every creative means available to secure the money to fund it?

Which conservative candidate running in 2016 would have the economic acumen to put the pieces together to usher in an economy and jobs environment that left even CNN gobsmacked?

And name the conservative candidate running in 2016 who would accomplish all of this, and more, by plowing through an unrelenting resistance from the opposition party, his own party and the media?

No, @Smokin Joe 2016 wasn't just about winning. It wasn't about shiny objects. 2016 was about finding the right man who could "do" and turn this ship around.  And we did.  We found Donald J. Trump.  This is why we voted FOR him, and will do it all over again in 2020.

@Right_in_Virginia

There ya go,once again confusing the Party Pod People with facts too big to fit into their tiny little minds. They are lemmings,and resent anyone asking them to think.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:40:40 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't drink ... and probable the only people that didn't understand what I was referring to might be the retarded you seek.

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

Trump NY Values...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

@Sighlass

According to the link YOU provided,that was a specific set of circumstances where someone had made death/murder threats,and the reference was to take their guns away and THEN take them to court. If the charges are not proven,they get their guns back.

I recommend anyone who sees your references read the link.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Not that again.

Actually, only a vote for the left is a vote for the Left. They only count votes by illegals, dead people, people who travel all over and vote early and often, and those who actually vote for them, despite their penchant for fraud.

Not voting is just not voting. It doesn't add to the count on the Left.

Otherwise, the Left could claim their voters who don't vote are voting for the Right....etc.

So let's keep the tally down to actual votes and quit trying to divide people with that "If you don't vote for Trump you're voting for Hillary" type bullshit.

No. Arithmetic is NOT contingent on what fools and liars say (as you attribute to the left). Yes, fraudulent votes get counted. So what? That is baked into the game, until we get it rooted out. I saw a textbook example in Tennessee in 2014 when a third party nudnik was Lamar!'s insurance policy. We have no runoff in Tennessee

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

There ya go,once again confusing the Party Pod People with facts too big to fit into their tiny little minds. They are lemmings,and resent anyone asking them to think.

:beer:

Merry Christmas @sneakypete

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Congress passed a border fence back in the 2000s. Maybe even before that.

Construction for the first iteration of the so-called “Border Wall” began in 1993, along the literal line in the sand between San Diego and Tijuana. Thirteen years and $39 million dollars later — when President George W. Bush signed the Secure Fence Act in October 2006, calling for 700 miles of double-layer fencing along the southwest border — 14 miles of the original fencing had been completed.  The Department of Homeland Security expected that the remaining 3.5 miles would cost another $35 million.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-brief-history-of-the-us-border-wall-128063025406.html

And does it matter? It's not getting built, it's a bit stronger than a fence but it's barely a full blown wall.

Trump too, has been the most pro-life president. So don't come at me with moral rants about how good you are. You let down the most innocent as far as I'm concerned. You are closer to Planned Parenthood than conservative. That's what the cynical deserve to hear.

Offline libertybele

I voted for Cruz and then Trump in the general.  I always thought if anything, Trump would turn the economy around and create jobs and that's exactly what he did.  Cruz long before Trump made the push for a border wall and came up with a viable health care program.  I still think he would have made an excellent President and his agenda would have been much the same.

Whether or not Cruz would have been able to take the unrelentless daily attacks from the left, I don't know.  He has vocally supported Trump and rightfully so.

Trump has headed this country in a much more positive direction and has displayed a lot of patriotism instead of apologizing for America.

I think he deserves some credit what many are unwilling to do because they don't approve of his 'character'. 

IMHO he was impeached because the left doesn't like him.  Why is that?  Donald J. Trump is succeeding where they have miserably failed.  In addition to that he has unveiled some of their corruption and Biden is in the line of fire, so they had to do something to save their own skins.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Regardless, we fight with the army we have, not the one we wish for.

Exactly right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Agreed, it's about doing, if you do wrong, show your campaign is doing wrong in one voting state after another, you are doing wrong. I can't vote for that.

Even if not popular, I switched to Rubio, at least, he was running a clean campaign vs. that of Cruz's which got embarrassing. The freeper poll shows I kept on with Cruz day-after-day, giving him my vote but it only goes so far, when you are claiming a candidate is dropping out in Iowa and then, the same in Hawaii with another candidate.

The right to life is tops with me. Rubio also sponsored pro-life legislation signed into law by Governor Bush. Some uninformed foul-mouth ignorant types may not know this. I will never turn my back on the right to life and without this, we have no other rights, they all come from the first.

Those trashing Rubio, stand more with Planned Parenthood than Conservatives as far as I'm concerned.  Some may excuse dirty tricks and cheating. The buck stops here as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:38:27 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I think he deserves some credit what many are unwilling to do because they don't approve of his 'character'. 

Or at least that is the excuse the RINO's use because it's all they have. They overlook Boy Jorge swapping spit with Saudi Princes and giving his fellow cheerleader/roomie in college who is not a "out" homosexual an ambassadorship so he could take his boy friend to Europe with him. ALL that stuff was just peachy-keen because he had Laura for a beard,and he liked to go to Church and thump his Bible on Sundays.

They don't even care about him starting the war in order to remove Saddam Hussein from the throne in order to protect the House of Saud.

What they care about is Boy Jorge was polite,and never offended anyone. Especially not the Dims.

IMHO he was impeached because the left doesn't like him.  Why is that?  Donald J. Trump is succeeding where they have miserably failed.  In addition to that he has unveiled some of their corruption and Biden is in the line of fire, so they had to do something to save their own skins.

And THERE it is.

"Morality" is just an excuse for people that have no morality,but love to fake it and do little "superiority dances" while shaking their fingers and pretending to be outraged.
[/quote]

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
The article flatly states an outright lie.   That being that Trump did something wrong in the Ukraine call.  He did not.   As far as I'm concerned, that CT stated this one (there are more) lie totally discredits anything 'else' CT has to say now or EVER. 

But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

But ....there's more...

The President's failure to tell the truth—even when cornered—rips at the fabric of the nation.

Ah, but telling lies, like CT is doing, rips the fabric of their bogus "Christianity", IMO.... and their credibility is forever damaged, if not destroyed.

And if .... according to CT, Trump's alleged sin re: the Ukraine call is so heinous that he should be removed from office.... perhaps CT's enormous bias against Trump (as they have proven) should justify the demise of this formerly credible magazine.   I mean...

fair is fair... right?

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.