Author Topic: Gabbard rips Pelosi for delay of impeachment articles  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gabbard rips Pelosi for delay of impeachment articles
« on: December 19, 2019, 06:47:39 pm »
12/19/2019

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, criticized Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) after she said that she would delay delivering House-passed impeachment articles against President Trump in an effort to ensure a fair trial in the Senate.

“I was surprised to hear that,” Gabbard told Hill.TV on Thursday, breaking with fellow Democrats who have rallied behind Pelosi over the move.

“You can’t kind of just shift and change and make up the rules as you go along," she said. "If you’re going to pursue this process, you’ve got to let it play out the whole way through.”

Gabbard, who voted “present” on the articles late Wednesday, said the delaying their delivery perpetuates a sense of hyperpartisanship, adding that both parties are to blame.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/475305-gabbard-rips-pelosi-for-delay-of-impeachment-articles
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Gabbard rips Pelosi for delay of impeachment articles
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:02:07 pm »
You blew it Tulsi.

Voting no speaks volumes more than throwing a tantrum at this point.

It is your party leader, so eat it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 10:06:18 pm »
hmmm, wonder who the new speaker will be.... lol

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 10:15:23 pm »
I wonder if this virtue signaling can earn Tulsi back the Profile in Courage award she threw away with her "Present" vote on arguably the most important vote in her career.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 10:45:36 pm »
Come on people - Gabbard is a dem. Obviously she wants Trump out just as badly as every other dem. Who would take a "no" vote seriously, and what would it accomplish for us or for her? There was only one thing she could do that was consistent with her core beliefs and at the same time set her apart from the herd. Give her some credit for recognizing an opportunity when she sees one and taking advantage of it.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 11:32:33 pm »
Once an impeachment proceeding starts, U.S. Senators are required to remain in D.C. for 6 days a week until the trial concludes. That could be as quick as two weeks and as long as 6 weeks according to some estimates. The last time there was an impeachment proceeding in 1999 against President Bill Clinton, it lasted over a month from Jan. 7 to Feb. 12.

If that were to happen again, it would most likely prevent U.S. Sens Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, and Cory Booker from campaigning in the four early primary states.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 12:30:22 am »
Once an impeachment proceeding starts, U.S. Senators are required to remain in D.C. for 6 days a week until the trial concludes. That could be as quick as two weeks and as long as 6 weeks according to some estimates. The last time there was an impeachment proceeding in 1999 against President Bill Clinton, it lasted over a month from Jan. 7 to Feb. 12.

If that were to happen again, it would most likely prevent U.S. Sens Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, and Cory Booker from campaigning in the four early primary states.

Is that the rule?  Or was that from 1999?  The Rats say they want a whole new set of rules voted on by the Senate before she transmits the Impeachment papers.  Yours looks like something from the earlier case.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 12:34:10 am »

Link please.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 12:39:52 am »
I thought Gabby had a pair.   I was wrong.  She is Just another rat in a cage, despite all her rage.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 12:58:27 am »
I thought Gabby had a pair.   I was wrong.  She is Just another rat in a cage, despite all her rage.

The Arlen Specter of her Party.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 01:40:11 am »
@libertybele

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Impeachment-trial-could-knock-White-House-14919250.php

Gotcha!  The relevant part of the Constitution:

Article I, Section 3:  The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:41:08 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 01:54:36 am »

Well what is lost can never be saved.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 02:22:17 am »
If the Impeachment is Shit, you must Aquit"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 02:25:45 am »

That was a smashing post!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2019, 02:26:33 am »
The Arlen Specter of her Party.

You mean the Mitt Romney of her Party.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 02:36:40 am »
You mean the Mitt Romney of her Party.

Toe-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 01:14:32 pm »
Well what is lost can never be saved.

Never heard that one.

That was a smashing post!

That was the one !   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 01:41:50 pm »
I believe it's technically correct that until the House actually sends over the charges,  no impeachment has taken place.   The impeachment represents the charge sent to the decision-maker.   If no charge is sent, then no impeachment has occurred.   

McConnell should be delighted not to be handed this pile of stinking diapers.   Just ignore Pelosi and get back to confirming judges.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 03:20:26 pm »
Been giving this some thought.  While Pelosi stalls, the Senate is free to do what it needs to do, like continuing to confirm Judges.  As McConnell said on the floor, "Please Brer Fox!  Don't throw me into that briar patch!"

The more the Rat press brings up the Articles of Impeachment that were voted out of the House, the more people are reminded of the dirty tricks and Damocles sword over Trump's head.  At the end of the day, it's the Rats who will be left twisting in the wind, not Trump.  The more the press harps on it, the better it is for the President.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »
Never heard that one.

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Then someone will say what is lost can never be saved