Author Topic: Live Blog: Putin's Annual Press Conference - "Trump impeachment ‘far-fetched,’ Senate will acquit"  (Read 658 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Putin: Trump impeachment ‘far-fetched,’ Senate will acquit
By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV and HARRIET MORRIS

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin called the U.S. impeachment process “far-fetched” Thursday, making a seemingly obvious prediction that Donald Trump will be acquitted in the Senate.

Putin said Thursday at his annual news conference in Moscow that the move is a continuation of the Democrats’ fight against Trump.

“The party that lost the (2016) election, the Democratic Party, is trying to achieve results by other means,” Putin said.

Read more at: https://apnews.com/0530c2e93d9d5186d0a807888c1c0bb0?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Just for the record, it looks like this "marathon" annual news conference is still going on, they do have extended press conferences in some countries over there.

Live Blog: Putin's Annual Press Conference

December 19, 2019 06:48 GMT

Vladimir Putin is holding his annual marathon news conference. Follow our correspondents as they give a play-by-play of everything he's saying -- and the many reactions -- at the yearly spectacle.

-- Putin says the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump was based on allegations that are “dreamed up.”

-- Putin said Russia is warming more than twice as fast as the global average. He said that global warming could threaten Russian Arctic cities and towns built on permafrost.

Live:   https://www.rferl.org/a/putin-live-blog-press-conference-russia/30333434.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:37:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Putin:
“The party that lost the (2016) election, the Democratic Party, is trying to achieve results by other means,”

...says the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump was based on allegations that are “dreamed up.”

Sounds like clear thinking to me...

Offline libertybele

Putin:
“The party that lost the (2016) election, the Democratic Party, is trying to achieve results by other means,”

...says the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump was based on allegations that are “dreamed up.”

Sounds like clear thinking to me...

Be careful of what you say, you'll be accused of a Putin lover.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Be careful of what you say, you'll be accused of a Putin lover.

Well isn't that what it is?  Who cares what Putin says?  The guy is dropping bombs on civilians in Syria.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

‘Bite your tongue’: Putin snaps at reporter question about ‘upcoming nuclear war’

by Joel Gehrke

December 20, 2019 12:05 AM

Russian President Vladimir Putin dismissed the prospect of an “upcoming nuclear war” with the United States despite recent Russian predictions of a “large-scale military conflict” with NATO.

"Bite your tongue,” Putin told a reporter who broached the topic during his annual press conference on Thursday. “An upcoming nuclear war — what are you talking about?”

Putin's rebuke suggests that atomic warfare exceeds the limits of Russia's willingness to raise the specter of conflict with the U.S. or its allies. Putin and other Russian officials routinely argue that U.S. forces are encircling Russia, an allegation that haunts numerous foreign policy disagreements between the former Cold War rivals.

“In the Baltic countries and Poland, the Black and Baltic seas, military activity is intensifying, the intensity of the bloc's military exercises is rising,” Valery Gerasimov, Putin’s top military official, said earlier this week. “Their scenarios point to NATO’s targeted preparation for engaging its forces in a large-scale military conflict.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/bite-your-tongue-vladimir-putin-snaps-at-reporters-question-about-upcoming-nuclear-war
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

I care what the leader of the 2nd most powerful nation in the world says, that being Russia.

I care what the leader of a Nato ally says, that being Erdogan.

We don't have to love what these guys say, but there is nothing wrong with knowing what they do say. It's called being informed.

Are we to only know what our close friends say? Boris Johnson?

I care what the leaders of our Northern and Southern neighbors say. There really shouldn't be a problem with keeping up with this.... also, I tend to sometimes, post articles not positive on Russia. Anyone can post what they wish to as well. What's the big deal?

Offline corbe

Top 10 Boards 

Politics                                  564,958
National News/Current Events 273,966
Editorial/Opinion                    126,528
World News                          99,367
Welcome to the BriefingRoom   61,858
General Discussion                   48,117
Sports/Entertainment/Arts        47,290
Members Only discussion area   41,881
Military/Defense News              40,118
Health/Education                      30,751

Thank You @TomSea for what you do here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

I care what the leader of the 2nd most powerful nation in the world says, that being Russia.

We don't have to love what these guys say, but there is nothing wrong with knowing what they do say. It's called being informed.

I care what the leaders of our Northern and Southern neighbors say. There really shouldn't be a problem with keeping up with this.... also, I tend to sometimes, post articles not positive on Russia. Anyone can post what they wish to as well. What's the big deal?

I agree @TomSea .  I learn more here than I do on conventional news sites.

You do a great job and I enjoy your commentary...even if I don't always post.

Offline libertybele

Agreed.  We should care what other nations say; otherwise we bury our heads in the sand, learn nothing and risk being 'preyed' upon or played.

This is one thing that Trump has been able to accomplish. He has opened the lines of communication between the N. Korea Fat man and enhanced relations with Putin. He has opened communication with Guatemala and now they are the first land of 'protection' for migrants, eliminating in part the need for them to come here. Some see that as Trump 'colluding' with the enemy, I see it as him being smart.  How can you negotiate with someone if they feel that you only see them as an adversary?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

Live Blog - Radio Free Europe, that's all we need to know... except... they probably do get SJW some times, honestly, I haven't seen that bias much but I really don't care if Russia doesn't have SSM, I don't want gays persecuted in Russia or Ukraine or England for that matter but I don't need to keep up with it.
Government-Funded Radio Free Europe Continues Its Anti-Trump Bias
by Tsarizm Staff  October 21, 201802266   

It is no secret that U.S. government-funded Radio Free Europe/Radio Free Europe (RFERL) has a certain bias towards the Left and the Soros agenda. This bias was on display today in an article over the Trump administration withdrawing from the 1987 INF treaty.

The network does some good work but their liberal, anti-American leanings need to be called out. So we are doing so.

Read more at: https://tsarizm.com/analysis/2018/10/21/government-funded-radio-free-europe-continues-its-anti-trump-bias/

Biases are almost everywhere.... but if, like the BBC, they get important stories up, that's what is important to me. I'm sure they show editorial biases sometimes.

Where I think bias is probably more evident is the "Voice of America", but I usually just read their straight-ahead stories.

January 23, 2019
What's Wrong with Radio Free Europe and Voice of America?
By Majid Mohammadi

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty has a budget of more than 123 million dollars (2018), and its mission is to "report the news in 20 countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established."  It should "provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate."  Is this taxpayer money well spent in the last decade?  Does this organization fulfill its mission?  Unfortunately, the answer to both these questions is negative.

As an Iran expert who reviews Persian-language media every day, I want to report my take from the organization's Persian section (Radio Farda).  VOA Persian (under the same mother institution, BBG) is as disastrous as Radio Farda.

To explain the waste and politicians' delusions regarding the efficiency of these two sections of the Congress-fnanced media system, I will focus on three criteria of free and professional media: 1) independence, 2) fact-based news broadcast and report, and 3) fair and balanced news and analysis.  Radio Farda and VOA Persian have failed in all three categories.

Read more at: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/whats_wrong_with_radio_free_europe_and_voice_of_america.html

$123 million is probably too much. But I wouldn't forget, a number of their reporters have been jailed and things like that. At least, recently with RFA.org (Radio Free Asia), one of the government broadcasters.

The quibble with Radio Free Europe is actually more with the Iranian offshoot,  Radio Farda if one reads the article.