Author Topic: Republicans agree to massive spending bill, despite record deficits - D. Horowitz  (Read 175 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And as if this past day was not enough; apparently, congress may be voting on a horrible spending bill today, real bad....and I'm disappointed that any Republican would go with this. I believe Senator Paul and Cruz have already come out and called this a bad and AWFUL bill. 

Republicans agree to massive spending bill, despite record deficits
Daniel Horowitz   Â· December 13, 2019   

Wake up, conservatives. Do deficits only matter under Democrats? After record spending that makes Obama look conservative, what are Republicans doing? Cutting a deal with Democrats to pass a bill increasing spending by $320 billion for liberal bureaucracies but not a penny for stepped-up ICE immigration enforcement.

The Congressional Budget Office announced earlier this week that the deficit for the first two months of fiscal year 2020 was $342 billion. That is an astounding number on many levels. It is 12 percent higher than last year, when we were already shocked at how quickly spending had increased under Republicans. Toward the end of Obama’s second term, annual deficits for the full 12 months were only about $500-$700 billion. However, the situation is even more appalling than under Obama.

For the first two months of FY 2010, the first fiscal year of Obama, the deficit was $296 billion.  But that was amid the worst recession of a generation, with unemployment at 10 percent and people lining the rolls of unemployment benefits and food stamps. Revenues were also down sharply as a result of the recession and unemployment, buoying the deficits. Yet, here we are with record low 3.5 percent unemployment and record high revenue, yet deficits are even higher. It’s all because both parties won’t stop spending.

Read more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/news/republicans-agree-massive-spending-bill-despite-record-deficits/?utm_content=buffer266f5&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tw-cr

WE can't be passing something like this, it's 1700 pages long and just given to the Senators... this column was written about 6 days ago.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:33:56 am by TomSea »

Offline LMAO

They won’t stop spending because there’s no incentive for them to stop. Sure, the TParty was out protesting the spending done under Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. But they know those folks won’t vote for them anyway so they don’t care. Now many of the same people who were demanding an end to the out-of-control spending under Obama are noticeably silent when it comes to Donald Trump and the Republicans. As a result, there is no incentive for Donald Trump to veto anything or for the Republicans to cut anything.  And as I see it so far, except for a few voices, everybody in 2020 is running on spending even more
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

They won’t stop spending because there’s no incentive for them to stop. Sure, the TParty was out protesting the spending done under Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. But they know those folks won’t vote for them anyway so they don’t care. Now many of the same people who were demanding an end to the out-of-control spending under Obama are noticeably silent when it comes to Donald Trump and the Republicans. As a result, there is no incentive for Donald Trump to veto anything or for the Republicans to cut anything.  And as I see it so far, except for a few voices, everybody in 2020 is running on spending even more

"Spend all you want, we'll make more."