Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: LIVE THREAD: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump
« Reply #475 on: December 19, 2019, 08:26:28 pm »
@Bigun

We are both old enough to recall a time when there still existed a fairly large body of sane and (sometimes) sober Democrats.

These were people who largely grew to maturity in the shadow of a Depression and a World War, whose life experiences were shaped and tempered by the harsh realities of a world that they had every reason to know would not bend to their will or be expected to satisfy their desires. 

They were people who lived in modest communities, worked hard, often with their hands, raised families, paid their bills, went to church, and helped their neighbors. They loved their country and sometimes fought for it.

In short, they were absolutely nothing like today's Democrats.

Today's Democrats live either in urban slums or coastal palaces. If they work at all, it is rarely with their hands. Their families are frequently fragmented, either by cultural degradation, drugs or divorce. They don't serve in the military, and respect no higher power than their own momentary needs, and demand constantly and intently that the government serve them without delay.

More than anything else: they are too often filled with rage.  They are angry at the government that refuses to serve their every desire, mad at others for being racists, sexists, bigots, and fools who don't share their cultural tastes and prejudices and therefore must be idiots, just as their news and social media sources tell them. And while even the poorest among them have abundant access to food, clothing and shelter and enjoy conveniences and resources that their grandparents could not have imagined, many of them are still perpetually aggrieved - especially the wealthy ones, who are often members of the cultural and political elite.

And that includes nearly all Democrats in Congress, whose focal point of anger is the 45th President of the United States.

For that reason, there was never any doubt that they were going to impeach him, as they have been planning to do ever since he was elected. All they required was a pretext, and so they have advanced one after another for so many months now.

And finally in truth, the flimsiness of the pretext did not much matter: it was never going to be a match for the intensity of their rage.

A real keeper of a post Andy. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #476 on: December 19, 2019, 11:31:13 pm »
The reason today's democrats aren't like the democrats from before is that today's democrats are freaking COMMUNISTS.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #477 on: December 20, 2019, 12:00:54 am »
The reason today's democrats aren't like the democrats from before is that today's democrats are freaking COMMUNISTS.
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #478 on: December 20, 2019, 01:30:05 am »
At risk of stating the obvious, I feel the preponderance of liberal women has caused a lot of the current state.

Why do the women in Congress by and large appear to be almost exclusively liberal?

I am left with the inclination that a woman will not get my vote unless she is proven to indeed be conservative.

Tough, ladies, but enough is enough.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:13:02 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #479 on: December 20, 2019, 01:47:37 am »
At risk of stating the obvious, I feel the preponderance of liberal women has caused a lot of the current state.

Why do the women in Congress by and large appear to be almost exclusively liberal?

I am left with the inclination that a woman will not get my vote unless she is proven to indeed be liberal.

Tough, ladies, but enough is enough.

It is penis envy. If ya ain't got one you should act like you do.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley