Author Topic: House defense bill mandates carbon capture program for the military  (Read 545 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Patrick Tucker 12/17/2019

Efforts to suck greenhouse gases from the atmosphere would get a boost from the House version of the 2020 defense authorization bill, which requires the Defense Department and other federal agencies to create a program to turn carbon in the air and seas into fuel or other products of military use.

Dubbed the Direct Air Capture and Blue Carbon Removal Technology Program, the effort would seek to “develop and demonstrate technologies that capture carbon dioxide from seawater and the air to reuse such carbon dioxide to create products for military uses.”

Small-scale carbon capture has existed for decades as part of industrial processes and as a means to boost fuel production. In 1999, researchers at Los Alamos National Lab proposed to scale up the technology to help reduce global carbon pollution and thus slow climate change. Initially, progress was slow. In 2003, the cost of extracting from the atmosphere one ton of carbon — about the amount produced by burning 100 gallons of gasoline — was more than $600. But technology is changing the calculation every day as new practices come on board to reduce the cost of capture and to actually do something with the captured carbon.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/12/house-defense-bill-mandates-carbon-capture-program-for-the-military/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: House defense bill mandates carbon capture program for the military
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:00:23 am »
No.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 03:52:52 am »
 :silly: I just KNEW someone could come up with something stupider than diapers on cows! :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 04:37:55 pm »
Trump will sign it.

Sadly I'm afraid you're right.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 01:43:40 am »
Sadly I'm afraid you're right.
You have to wonder if during the discussions over the defense bill one of the dems said 'wouldn't it be great to stick something really stupid in the bill and see if Trump would still sign it?' and another one said 'hold my beer'.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 02:24:24 am »
You have to wonder if during the discussions over the defense bill one of the dems said 'wouldn't it be great to stick something really stupid in the bill and see if Trump would still sign it?' and another one said 'hold my beer'.

Meanwhile....while the Dems are doing their best to turn us into some kind of "Eco Force" and money is being spent on this crap...maintenance of combat equipment suffers because there's not enough dollars in the budget to keep what we've got flying...rolling and sailing.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 02:25:14 am »
China and Russia laugh at us.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 04:48:10 am »
Meanwhile....while the Dems are doing their best to turn us into some kind of "Eco Force" and money is being spent on this crap...maintenance of combat equipment suffers because there's not enough dollars in the budget to keep what we've got flying...rolling and sailing.
Sadly it's what democrats always do when they have power, Trump should never sign anything with this kind of crap in it, but.............