Author Topic: McConnell rejects Schumer's demands, says House did 'inadequate' job on impeachment  (Read 480 times)

rangerrebew

McConnell rejects Schumer's demands, says House did 'inadequate' job on impeachment
By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times
Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday dismissed demands from the Senate’s top Democrat for live testimony during the impending impeachment trial against President Trump, saying Democrats in his chamber now want to clean up the House’s mess.

Mr. McConnell said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, wants to add to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff’s “sloppy work” by calling more witnesses than what the House chose to pursue.

The Kentucky Republican said the House failed to go to court to pursue “useful witnesses” and that Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her colleagues didn’t want to wait for due process.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/17/mitch-mcconnell-rejects-chuck-schumers-demands-say/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In a rare moment in history, the Turtle is correct.  Schumer knows he has a pig in a poke, and is trying to backfill what his counterparts in the House failed to do. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

So McConnell isn't giving Chuckles a "Mulligan" for the House's botch-job? :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So McConnell isn't giving Chuckles a "Mulligan" for the House's botch-job? :silly:

Let's just hope McConnell hangs tough on this.  We know he has it in him, but will he use it for something better than swatting off TEA Party types?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Let's just hope McConnell hangs tough on this.  We know he has it in him, but will he use it for something better than swatting off TEA Party types?

The turtle is aces on holding tough if he thinks he has the votes.

He just doesn't do symbolic statements in defeat.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Props to McConnell.  He is playing hard ball with these dipshits so far.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

In a rare moment in history, the Turtle is correct.  Schumer knows he has a pig in a poke, and is trying to backfill what his counterparts in the House failed to do.

That would imply that Chuck is interested in a fair trial, finally, in the Senate and I see no evidence of that.