Author Topic: Democrats question fairness of Senate trial after Graham, McConnell statements  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats question fairness of Senate trial after Graham, McConnell statements
By Rebecca Klar - 12/15/19 01:03 PM EST

Democrats on Sunday said they were concerned that statements from several GOP senators showed they wouldn't be impartial jurors during President Trump's Senate impeachment trial.

At the heart of the controversy are Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) remarks last week that he’ll be in “total coordination” with the White House on impeachment.

Democrats said that goes against the oath senators will take before the start of the trial.

“It's why I'm so disappointed in my colleagues, this see-no-evil, hear-no-evil attitude,” Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “They don’t want to look at anything that might disagree with their world view of Republicanism and this president.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/474639-democrats-question-fairness-of-senate-trial-after-graham-mcconnell
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is rich...I hope the Repubs show as much fairness the Rats showed in the House...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Democrats question fairness of Senate trial after Graham, McConnell statements"

Why does the Senate trial need to be "fair"?
Should it be as "fair" as the Schiff's committee hearings have been?

This is a political trial.
Fairness means little to nothing.
Winning means EVERYTHING.
I hope the Republican Senators realize that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is rich...I hope the Repubs show as much fairness the Rats showed in the House...

@mystery-ak

EXACTLY! Turn-about IS "Fair play".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Democrats question fairness of Senate trial after Graham, McConnell statements"

Why does the Senate trial need to be "fair"?
Should it be as "fair" as the Schiff's committee hearings have been?

I hope the Republican Senators realize that.

@Fishrrman

Hard to say. Most of them don't have much experience with winning. Surrendering in the hope the Dims will like them is more their style.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Unlike a jury in a criminal case, every US Senator that cared to has seen all the evidence and "evidence" the Dems - who are also prejudiced - will produce. This "objection" is crap thrown against the wall hoping it will stick.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.