Author Topic: U.S. Secretly Expelled Chinese Officials Suspected of Spying After Breach of Military Base  (Read 440 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
U.S. Secretly Expelled Chinese Officials Suspected of Spying After Breach of Military Base
Edward Wong and Julian E. Barnes

WASHINGTON — The American government secretly expelled two Chinese Embassy officials this fall after they drove on to a sensitive military base in Virginia, according to people with knowledge of the episode. The expulsions appear to be the first of Chinese diplomats suspected of espionage in more than 30 years.

American officials believe at least one of the Chinese officials was an intelligence officer operating under diplomatic cover, said six people with knowledge of the expulsions. The group, which included the officials’ wives, evaded military personnel pursuing them and stopped only after fire trucks blocked their path.

The episode in September, which neither Washington nor Beijing made public, has intensified concerns in the Trump administration that China is expanding its spying efforts in the United States as the two nations are increasingly locked in a geopolitical and economic rivalry. American intelligence officials say China poses a greater espionage threat than any other country.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-secretly-expelled-chinese-officials-suspected-of-spying-after-breach-of-military-base/ar-AAK8JgO

Horrible.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sumthin' tells me these two are the tip of an iceberg...

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Sumthin' tells me these two are the tip of an iceberg...

Exactly.  I have always thought that our military has granted too loose of access to the public on our bases.   Think the Russians or Chinese allow this level of freedom  to get in?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.