Author Topic: Democrat Rep. Collin Peterson Confirms He’ll Vote Against Impeaching Trump  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Caplan 14 Dec 2019

Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN), chairman of the House Committee on Agriculture, confirmed Saturday that he plans to vote against impeaching President Donald Trump over his contacts with Ukraine unless, in the unlikely event, additional information comes to light.

Speaking to The Globe on Saturday, Peterson, Minnesota’s most senior member, said, “unless they come up with something between now and Wednesday,” he will vote against impeachment and expects up to five other Democrats to join him.

“Maybe something will change. I doubt it,” the lawmaker added.

The Minnesota Democrat said he believes that the president has “not committed a crime,” while most of his Seventh District constituents oppose the U.S. providing aid to other counties. He also noted the so-called “whistleblower” complaint — authored by a partisan CIA analyst — regarding President Trump’s July 25 telephone with the leader of Ukraine includes “second-hand” information.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/14/democrat-rep-collin-peterson-confirms-hell-vote-against-impeaching-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Joshua Caplan 14 Dec 2019

Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN), chairman of the House Committee on Agriculture, confirmed Saturday that he plans to vote against impeaching President Donald Trump over his contacts with Ukraine unless, in the unlikely event, additional information comes to light.

Speaking to The Globe on Saturday, Peterson, Minnesota’s most senior member, said, “unless they come up with something between now and Wednesday,” he will vote against impeachment and expects up to five other Democrats to join him.

“Maybe something will change. I doubt it,” the lawmaker added.

The Minnesota Democrat said he believes that the president has “not committed a crime,” while most of his Seventh District constituents oppose the U.S. providing aid to other counties. He also noted the so-called “whistleblower” complaint — authored by a partisan CIA analyst — regarding President Trump’s July 25 telephone with the leader of Ukraine includes “second-hand” information.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/14/democrat-rep-collin-peterson-confirms-hell-vote-against-impeaching-trump/

I think that adds 2 now, after the rep from NJ.  Hmmm..  and maybe 5 more?   I haven't heard of any GOP defections yet.  Hope  a dozen more join, and it is made a razor thin (hollow) win. We know of one upcoming democratic no vote in the senate for conviction.  WV.

That constitutes a bipartisan rebuke in my book.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 02:52:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The articles are what they are - what could possibly "come up" between now and Wed. that changes anything? Except maybe Trump releasing some harmless documents he previously withheld - that might be good for a laugh.

It's obvious now that the vote had to be rushed this way to avoid additional defections that would certainly have occurred over the holidays.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The articles are what they are - what could possibly "come up" between now and Wed. that changes anything? Except maybe Trump releasing some harmless documents he previously withheld - that might be good for a laugh.

It's obvious now that the vote had to be rushed this way to avoid additional defections that would certainly have occurred over the holidays.

Can you imagine the embarassment Shitft and company would feel if they lost this vote?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Can you imagine the embarassment Shitft and company would feel if they lost this vote?   :silly:

Absolutely.  Almost as embarrassing as voting 19 times to repeal Obamacare, but then when you own the White House, Senate, and US House being too impotent to do the job.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Peterson is one of those rare Dems who I think do tend to vote conservative on a lot of issues, against gun control, perhaps pro-life, constituency, rural farmer types.