Author Topic: Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'  (Read 494 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-defends-fbis-fisa-process-after-scathing-ig-report
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That smug...arrogant tweet of his from 9 December where he's proclaiming vindication from the IG report isn't going to age well not that he appearently has actually read the report and sees where he screwed up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I watched that fish-eyed fool dance and try and spin most of Mikes Wallace's direct questions. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
n an April 2018 interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Comey claimed that the FISA process is “incredibly rigorous” and claimed that Republicans’ criticism of the Page FISA warrant was “a political deal” that was not “based in substance or law.”

Following the report’s release, Comey essentially claimed vindication, declaring in the wake of the report that the criticism of the bureau's actions "was all lies.” When asked about vindication at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, the inspector general bluntly replied, "I think the activities we found here don’t vindicate anybody who touched this FISA."

On Sunday, Comey claimed that the FBI did not intentionally commit wrongdoing, but described the FBI's failures as "real sloppiness." He said that "in general" he was unaware of "the particulars of the investigation" when it was going on, but said that as the person at the head of the FBI at the time, it still falls on him.

He's gonna throw as many people in the Hoover building under the bus as he has to in order to save his own ass.

Offline Axeslinger

He's gonna throw as many people in the Hoover building under the bus as he has to in order to save his own ass.
@txradioguy

Good!  Bear down him with the full weight of potential prison.   Get this POS to give up the real names that need to be had
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@txradioguy

Good!  Bear down him with the full weight of potential prison.   Get this POS to give up the real names that need to be had

That would be cool!   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@txradioguy

"Potential", my a$$.

He should be an inmate inside GITMO wearing orange and being interrogated by Special Ops.   Waterboarded, if necessary.

This was a treasonous coup attempt. 

James Comey of the Deep State is in Deep Sh*t. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:32:03 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

He must be reading about Abraham Lincoln.  That was one of his ploys to get a jury on his side; concede one minor point to show how "reasonable" you can be, then go for the jugular. :judge:

Offline PeteS in CA

Caught in a lie, Comey admitted being "wrong". I think, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures," is just a new, less susceptible to fact-checking, lie.

But taking it at face value, Comey's claim admits he was clueless about what the FBI he was supposedly directing was doing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.