Author Topic: Our Journalists Are Not As Bad As In ‘Richard Jewell’ – They’re Much Worse  (Read 190 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Clint Eastwood’s new movie “Richard Jewell” tells the true story of a heroic security guard wrongly accused of a 1996 bombing by the FBI and wrongly convicted by an out-of-control news media.

When left-wing critics previewed the movie, they were appalled.

“‘Richard Jewell’ is the Movie America Doesn’t Need Right Now,” was the headline on the review by Will Bunch in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Likewise, left-wing outlet The Daily Beast said Eastwood’s movie “channels Trump talking points.”

But here’s my question. Since Trump is never mentioned in the movie, and since the movie only dramatizes a completely true story, what made these critics think of Donald Trump when they saw a man being unfairly abused by the FBI and the press? What on earth, pray tell, brought President the Donald into their squeaky clean minds?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/our-journalists-are-not-as-bad-as-in-richard-jewell-theyre-much-worse
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I remember the media vilification of Richard Jewell, and those rat-b@stard reporters and pundits assassinated that man's character. Instead of being lauded as a hero, the stain they put on his reputation, the hate that was directed his way, hurt him for decades.

Thanks, Mr. Eastwood, for setting that record straight in a way that can't be ignored.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis