Author Topic: Starbucks apologizes after 2 sheriff's deputies say servers ignored them  (Read 451 times)

Offline Applewood

Starbucks apologizes after 2 sheriff's deputies say servers ignored them

The Riverside County, California, sheriff's department claims that two of its deputies were refused service at a Starbucks location on Thursday night.

Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco tweeted late Friday, "The anti police culture repeatedly displayed by Starbucks employees must end."

The incident comes two weeks after an Oklahoma police officer's Starbucks order had the name "Pig" printed on one of the cups. Starbucks fired the worker it says put the offensive word on the cup, and apologized to law enforcement.

https://abc7.com/starbucks-apologizes-after-2-sheriffs-deputies-say-servers-ignored-them/5755203/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Starbucks apologizes after 2 sheriff's deputies say servers ignored them
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 09:19:30 pm »
Why would a cop go where it has become crystal clear over the years they are not wanted.  In return, why would a cop respond to a call at a place that they are not wanted.

:pondering:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 09:56:35 pm »
Why would a cop go where it has become crystal clear over the years they are not wanted.  In return, why would a cop respond to a call at a place that they are not wanted.

I don't know anything about Riverside County, but I should think it has other places that serve better, less expensive coffee and which would be happy to serve members of law enforcement. 

I'd like to see what will happen the next time a Starbucks is robbed or some other crime is committed in one of its establishments.  Stories like these get around to every other law enforcement agency and the police may be reluctant to respond to the next 911 call from a Starbucks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 10:51:40 pm »
In return, why would a cop respond to a call at a place that they are not wanted.

DUTY, thank God.