Author Topic: House Democrat calls on McConnell to recuse himself from impeachment trial  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrat calls on McConnell to recuse himself from impeachment trial
By Marty Johnson - 12/13/19 02:27 PM EST

Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.) on Friday called on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to recuse himself from the Senate impeachment trial, citing the GOP leader's remarks the previous night about coordinating with the White House.

McConnell said during an interview on Fox News on Thursday night that “everything I do during this, I’m coordinating with the White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can.”

Demings accused the GOP leader of promising to "sabotage" the trial.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/474487-rep-demings-senator-mcconnell-violated-oath-must-recuse-himself
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: House Democrat calls on McConnell to recuse himself from impeachment trial
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:20:31 pm »
Laughable.   You can't make stuff up like the Rats do in real life.

Poor Val, all that hair dye/straightener has caused some root damage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:22:19 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:13:02 pm »
McConnell would not preside over the impeachment trial if there will be one. The Chief Justice of the USSC would. So there is no cause for McConnell to recuse himself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:18:06 pm »
As Deming would say, "that's ridicilis."
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »
How about a deal rep.  You recuse yourself permanently from congress for having an IQ of approaching a rock.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 10:33:02 pm »
What a Leming.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington