Author Topic: Advocacy group takes on latest case - Army staff sergeant convicted in Afghan massacre  (Read 305 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Advocacy group takes on latest case - Army staff sergeant convicted in Afghan massacre
By: Todd South  

WASHINGTON – While celebrating recent pardons of military service members either convicted of or charged with war crimes, the nonprofit military justice advocacy group United American Patriots announced that the next individual they’ll support – Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales.

Bales is currently serving a life sentence without parole in the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas after he pleaded guilty to killing 16 Afghans, while on deployment in the Panjwai district, Kandahar province, Afghanistan on March 11, 2012. The act has been called one of the worst atrocities of the war.

Maher claims in the lawsuit that Bales suffered from psychosis connected to his taking the anti-malarial drug mefloquine, which has been shown in some cases to cause mental health problems and hallucinations.

Read more at: https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/12/12/advocacy-group-takes-on-latest-case-army-staff-sergeant-convicted-in-afghan-massacre/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No matter how hard I try,I just can't work up any sympathy for this SOB. He wasn't an 18 year old kid away from home for the first time in his life,he was a Staff Sergeant. On top of that,he purposely took the drugs,purposely drank the alcohol,and purposely looked for unarmed innocents to murder.

I think the only mistake that was made is they didn't hang the SOB.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!