Author Topic: Family of NAS Pensacola shooting victim 'floored' by massive military salute  (Read 286 times)

rangerrebew

Family of NAS Pensacola shooting victim 'floored' by massive military salute

Nate Chute and Annie Blanks, Pensacola News Journal Published 4:19 p.m. CT Dec. 9, 2019 | Updated 2:38 p.m. CT Dec. 10, 2019

It's quiet. The sound of a vehicle's blinker clicks louder than it normally would while a mother, a father, a sister-in-law and a brother's girlfriend sit silently.

Then, a line of service members saluting their passing vehicle appears. Captured on Facebook Live by the family, the line stretches for miles at the Naval Air Station Pensacola, just days after Joshua Kaleb Watson was taken away from his family in a shooting that left four people dead, including the shooter, and eight injured.

Dad Benjamin Watson reaches over to hold the hand of his wife, Shelia Wilemon Watson, as they continued driving in silence. Minutes later, they drove under a massive flag held up by firefighter truck ladders.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019/12/09/nas-pensacola-shooting-victim-salute-joshua-kaleb-watson-procession/2632527001/

Offline Idiot

Family of NAS Pensacola shooting victim 'floored' by massive military salute

Nate Chute and Annie Blanks, Pensacola News Journal Published 4:19 p.m. CT Dec. 9, 2019 | Updated 2:38 p.m. CT Dec. 10, 2019

It's quiet. The sound of a vehicle's blinker clicks louder than it normally would while a mother, a father, a sister-in-law and a brother's girlfriend sit silently.

Then, a line of service members saluting their passing vehicle appears. Captured on Facebook Live by the family, the line stretches for miles at the Naval Air Station Pensacola, just days after Joshua Kaleb Watson was taken away from his family in a shooting that left four people dead, including the shooter, and eight injured.

Dad Benjamin Watson reaches over to hold the hand of his wife, Shelia Wilemon Watson, as they continued driving in silence. Minutes later, they drove under a massive flag held up by firefighter truck ladders.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019/12/09/nas-pensacola-shooting-victim-salute-joshua-kaleb-watson-procession/2632527001/
:patriot:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I am still sorting out my thoughts and emotions about this. For those who do not know, my son completed first phase training there abt three years and, no doubt was in the very building where the murders happened.
But, a couple of things come clear...
1. Despite the inroads of PC, our military maintains core values.
2. Thank God for the current POTUS. Contemplating the alternative is horrifying.

I have no idea what the outcome of this will be, as far as weeding out incompetence in some of the command structure. But I trust Trump to insist that current policy be justified, in light of yet another security failure.

And it's only about the Saudis. There are thousands of civilians on every installation. Hoe many are "ticking time bombs"? Detecting them all in advance seems an impossible task. But getting real about security is not.

Trump needs to ask Bibi how they do it and the lessons IDF has learned.