Author Topic: Immigration, the Holocaust, and a “Cancel Culture” Fail  (Read 201 times)

rangerrebew

Immigration, the Holocaust, and a “Cancel Culture” Fail

David Cole

December 03, 2019

Oswiecim, Poland

When leftists tried to “cancel” a judge because he refused to turn a blind eye to illegal immigration, things did not go quite as expected.

This is the final chapter of a story I covered back in May. Memphis Criminal Court Judge Jim Lammey has a simple and straightforward attitude when it comes to illegal immigration: It’s illegal. What, a judge following the law? Oh, right—it’s Tennessee, not California. Judge Lammey has long attracted the ire of local leftists and their bug-eating Renfields in the press due to his predilection for enforcing the law. But how do you remove a judge for doing his job?

Why, with “cancel culture,” of course!

Last April, Judge Lammey posted one of my Takimag columns on his Facebook page. He didn’t endorse it; he simply posted it and called it “interesting.” The gist of that particular piece was that Jews engage in suicidal behavior by advocating the importation of openly hostile immigrants. Such immigrants, I argued, are like “golems”—the mud creatures of Jewish lore that always turn on their creators. I suggested that bringing in golem mud from abroad was a bad idea.

https://www.takimag.com/article/immigration-the-holocaust-and-a-cancel-culture-fail/