Author Topic: Lindsey Graham does not want Schiff or other Congressmen to testify at Senate impeachment trial  (Read 1588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 9, 2019
Lindsey Graham does not want Schiff or other Congressmen to testify at Senate impeachment trial
By Thomas Lifson

Is the ghost of John McCain haunting Senator Lindsey Graham? The South Carolina Senator went on Maria Bartiromo’s Fox News show, Sunday Morning Futures, to throw a wet blanket on conservatives’ dreams of a Senate trial that would get to the bottom of the plot against President Trump. He wants to leave all those rocks in place, turning nothing over to see what crawls out. Instead, once the House managers present their case, he wants a quick vote, presumably ending in dismissal of the case.

In particular, Graham ruled out calling Adam Schiff to testify.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/lindsey_graham_does_not_want_schiff_or_other_congressmen_to_testify_at_senate_impeachment_trial.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
December 9, 2019
Lindsey Graham does not want Schiff or other Congressmen to testify at Senate impeachment trial
By Thomas Lifson

Is the ghost of John McCain haunting Senator Lindsey Graham? The South Carolina Senator went on Maria Bartiromo’s Fox News show, Sunday Morning Futures, to throw a wet blanket on conservatives’ dreams of a Senate trial that would get to the bottom of the plot against President Trump. He wants to leave all those rocks in place, turning nothing over to see what crawls out. Instead, once the House managers present their case, he wants a quick vote, presumably ending in dismissal of the case.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/lindsey_graham_does_not_want_schiff_or_other_congressmen_to_testify_at_senate_impeachment_trial.html

It sure seems that ole Lindsey has something to hide.   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Lindsey Graham says he won’t call Adam Schiff as witness in Senate trial

“Here’s what I would tell Adam Schiff,” Graham said. “Do you really want to start calling other members, Republican members of Congress in oversight? Do you want me to call you to the Senate as part of Senate oversight?”

The big picture: Graham also declared that he will seek a quick end to the impeachment trial, regardless of whether President Trump wants to call more people to testify.

“When 51 of us say we’ve heard enough, the trial is going to end,” Graham said. “The president’s going to be acquitted. He may want to call Schiff, he may want to call Hunter Biden, he may want to call Joe Biden. But here’s my advice to the president: If the Senate is ready to vote and ready to acquit you, you should celebrate that.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/12/lindsey-graham-says-wont-call-adam-schiff-witness-senate-trial/

And deny Trump all of that material for his rallies? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ahhhh,the "real"   Lady Lindsey is back!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

@libertybele 

meaning what?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@libertybele 

meaning what?

@truth-seeker

Meaning she is normally joined at the hip with the Dim leadership so they can cut deals that favor each other,and only appears to be a conservative when there is an election coming up.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

The only honorable reason I think Linzy would avoid this spectacle, is that he wants to avoid having to prosecute a sitting HR member for a treasonous coup.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

He wants to preserve the really good gig he and his friends have there in the US congress.

4.4 trillion and no questions asked. Whats not to love?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Graham is right -  get this farce over with quickly,  with a motion to dismiss at as early a stage as possible.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Graham is right -  get this farce over with quickly,  with a motion to dismiss at as early a stage as possible.

Graham would be doing the nation a great disservice if he refused to take some kind of action to discourage the left from continuing down the tactical and strategic road they've chosen here. They are rapidly undermining the very bedrock our republic is built upon and will succeed unless their wrongdoing is relentlessly prosecuted.

Simply ending the farce painlessly is probably exactly what they are hoping for at this point.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Graham would be doing the nation a great disservice if he refused to take some kind of action to discourage the left from continuing down the tactical and strategic road they've chosen here. They are rapidly undermining the very bedrock our republic is built upon and will succeed unless their wrongdoing is relentlessly prosecuted.

Simply ending the farce painlessly is probably exactly what they are hoping for at this point.

Dang right.  Hold the vote, and hold every democratic "convict" vote accountable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Dang right.  Hold the vote, and hold every democratic "convict" vote accountable.

If the rats have failed to dent POTUS' approval at this point going on the attack in the senate can only make he and the GOP look good.

Offline truth_seeker

The dems will say there was not proper consideration, hearings, testimony, witnesses, etc.

But they won't be happy with anything short of round the cllock televised hearings, etc.

Graham, McConnell, Trump SHOULD want it over, in order to take up IG, Barr, Durham, election business.

There are hours and hours of TV video to go through, for their campaign soundbites and ads.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

There are hours and hours of TV video to go through, for their campaign soundbites and ads.

The white elephant that dims aren't thinking out  is how the pissed off daytime TV junkies will react when all this shit starts preempting Ellen, The View, Ophra, etc.  Care to guess which demographic that might be?

Offline truth_seeker

The white elephant that dims aren't thinking out  is how the pissed off daytime TV junkies will react when all this shit starts preempting Ellen, The View, Ophra, etc.  Care to guess which demographic that might be?

Agreed. There have been  no bombshells, but hourse of political lawyers blabbing their boring shite.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

Not to mention the daytime soap operas. When you talk about fans of shows like "As Your Stomach Turns",you ain't talking about casual fans that try to catch a show when they can.  You are talking about people who have been watching that one show for generations. They call their mothers and daughters on the phone in the evenings to talk about what happened.

It would take a braver man than me to get between these women and their soaps!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I saw the full interview yesterday morning, and Graham is basically trying to tamp down our expectations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I saw the full interview yesterday morning, and Graham is basically trying to tamp down our expectations.

You mean having Schiff drawn and quartered on a Treason conviction is too much to ask?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You mean having Schiff drawn and quartered on a Treason conviction is too much to ask?

Inconveniencing Schitt is too much to ask, it seems.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

Lindsey Graham says he won’t call Adam Schiff as witness in Senate trial

“Here’s what I would tell Adam Schiff,” Graham said. “Do you really want to start calling other members, Republican members of Congress in oversight? Do you want me to call you to the Senate as part of Senate oversight?”

The big picture: Graham also declared that he will seek a quick end to the impeachment trial, regardless of whether President Trump wants to call more people to testify.

“When 51 of us say we’ve heard enough, the trial is going to end,” Graham said. “The president’s going to be acquitted. He may want to call Schiff, he may want to call Hunter Biden, he may want to call Joe Biden. But here’s my advice to the president: If the Senate is ready to vote and ready to acquit you, you should celebrate that.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/12/lindsey-graham-says-wont-call-adam-schiff-witness-senate-trial/

And deny Trump all of that material for his rallies?

All that does is strengthen the Rats.

The Rats will say that the Pubs couldn't defend Trump from the "facts" and so they dismissed the case. Instead, the Pubs have to drag the Rats through the mud that they have been throwing. The Pubs need to drag in the Cirramelli, Schiff's staffers, Schiff, Nadler, the Biden's and if possible bring in the prosecutor who was terminated after he started investigating Burisma.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The Rats will say that the Pubs couldn't defend Trump from the "facts" and so they dismissed the case. Instead, the Pubs have to drag the Rats through the mud that they have been throwing. The Pubs need to drag in the Cirramelli, Schiff's staffers, Schiff, Nadler, the Biden's and if possible bring in the prosecutor who was terminated after he started investigating Burisma.

I was pretty pissed to hear Graham say if he can get 51 votes to dismiss and avoid a trial, he'd do it.  That's lawyer-think, not politics-think.  News for Graham:  This isn't a defendant you are trying to get off without jail time, it's the President of the US being the subject of a lawless witch hunt. 

This is a political trial, and needs a political solution.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bilo

Well,Teddy DOES keep making "I wanna be president!" noises. IMHO,he is trying to walk that fine line between supporting Trump one instant,and then the next trying to stick a knife in his back.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I was pretty pissed to hear Graham say if he can get 51 votes to dismiss and avoid a trial, he'd do it.  That's lawyer-think, not politics-think.  News for Graham: This isn't a defendant you are trying to get off without jail time, it's the President of the US being the subject of a lawless witch hunt. 

This is a political trial, and needs a political solution.

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:amen:

@Cyber Liberty   @libertybele

I may be wrong,but *I* think Lady Lindsey's goal is to do what he can to hinder Trump's election chances,without coming right out and challenging him. What she wants is for Trump to emerge from this so "damaged" he can't win,leaving Lady Lindsey in the black birds seat to accept the nomination.

Of all the things he is or might be,dumb ain't one of them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If there's to be a trial in the Senate, the very first "witness" called should be Eric Ciaramella, brought in by armed guards if need be.

I want to see him take the 5th in front of the Senate, and then slink away.

And after that, Schiffy, too.