Author Topic: Farmer who left GOP: Trump 'has failed' at replacing NAFTA  (Read 676 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Farmer who left GOP: Trump 'has failed' at replacing NAFTA
« on: December 07, 2019, 07:13:24 pm »
Farmer who left GOP: Trump 'has failed' at replacing NAFTA

Adriana BelmonteAssociate Editor
December 5, 2019, 9:15 AM PST

American farmers are in a state of uncertainty as the U.S.-China trade war continues. And that’s not the only thing weighing on their minds: Uncertainty surrounding the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) is also having a major impact.

“The administration has failed on USMCA — NAFTA 2.0 — while there were needed changes there,” Chris Gibbs, an Ohio soybean farmer who left the GOP after being frustrated with Trump administration policies, told Yahoo Finance. “Keep in mind, NAFTA was built way back before we had cell phones, before we had PCs. So it’s been a long time ago, in digital terms, 1994. We certainly needed updates, but the administration’s failed on that because they never laid the proper groundwork in the House to get it approved.”

The U.S., Mexico, and Canada signed the USMCA, also known as “new NAFTA,” on Nov. 30, 2018 but plans hit a snag as Congress has declined to ratify it. House Democrats reportedly want revisions to the labor, environment, pharmaceutical, and enforcement terms and have been unable to reach a compromise with the Trump administration since then.

Gibbs, 61, argued that the main failure by the current administration was political.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/finance/news/chris-gibbs-new-nafta-171521552.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Farmer who left GOP: Trump 'has failed' at replacing NAFTA
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:23:47 pm »
This has to be the most asinine article ever posted.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 07:28:15 pm »

TDS on display.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:32 pm »
The "farmer" is welcome to take his chances by voting Democrat.  I hope he sticks to local races so he doesn't help drag down the rest of the Nation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 08:10:22 pm »

Considering that the USMCA 'deal' hasn't been finalized yet, I tend to agree. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 08:43:00 pm »
Trump replaced NAFTA the moment he placed tariffs on Mexican steel.  Exports to Mexico have been declining ever since.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 09:00:48 pm »
Farmers have failed themselves. Who thinks we should still be putting grain on a barge and shipping it overseas as the primary way to deal with ag inventory?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 09:13:20 pm »
Considering that the USMCA 'deal' hasn't been finalized yet, I tend to agree.

@libertybele   The deal's been collecting dust on Pelosi's desk for months.  The witch wants to stall the economy. I guess she needs a backup plan when impeachment fails.

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account  @realDonaldTrump

Hard to believe, but if Nancy Pelosi had put our great Trade Deal with Mexico and Canada, USMCA, up for a vote long ago, our economy would be even better. If she doesn’t move quickly, it will collapse!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1203387348274360322

10:54 AM - 7 Dec 2019

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »
@libertybele   The deal's been collecting dust on Pelosi's desk for months.  The witch wants to stall the economy. I guess she needs a backup plan when impeachment fails.

Yes, she's already commented that the USMCA won't go through.  Regardless, the economy is still doing well, unemployment is at a 30 year low and has been below 4% for over a year.  So ... IMHO if Nancy stalls or kills this deal, it will be yet another issue that backfires on her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 12:46:22 am »
Farmers have failed themselves. Who thinks we should still be putting grain on a barge and shipping it overseas as the primary way to deal with ag inventory?
F*ck the farmers trying to export goods to the enemy.  Same goes to any domestic producer.  America first!!!
Who needs those mid-west voters? /sarc

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 12:51:50 am »
F*ck the farmers trying to export goods to the enemy.  Same goes to any domestic producer.  America first!!!

Finally!  You posted something you actually know the first thing about!  Mid-west voters!  Kudos.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 01:12:34 am »
Finally!  You posted something you actually know the first thing about!  Mid-west voters!  Kudos.
Did you miss my /sarc tag? 

That's so mean. 
Wisconsin gets dissed by Hitlery, and now dissed by the Trump base. 
Oh the woe.

I suppose President Trump may have become more popular and added many disgusted walk away votes since the elections last year.  Perhaps he can afford to shed some mid-west votes.  Now that I think about it his rejection of American Farmers really just makes him a more lovable rogue.  Those farmers got it too good I say.  It's not like they are putting their name on other people's buildings and increasing value with a brand. 

Hit me Trumpy one more time. /sarc

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 01:22:23 am »
Sorry, @Once-Ler, I gave up trying to find the /sarc tag some time ago.   :shrug:  Hell, I even miss my own /sarc tags!

ETA...I was born and raised in southern MI.  I'm not happy with the things the farmers have had to deal with, but I saw yesterday we're now going to be selling rice and soy to China, which is like selling a refrigerator to an Eskimo.  And, being a child of the mid-west, I love cheese.  All kinds.  The one thing I miss about the city I lived in the past 40 years, a Phoenix 'burb, is the "United Dairyman's Association Outlet Store" in Tempe.  I could get fresh cheese curds there.   Alas, that's a 5 hour drive away.   :crying:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:31:20 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 01:30:34 am »
Sorry, @Once-Ler, I gave up trying to find the /sarc tag some time ago.   :shrug:  Hell, I even miss my own /sarc tags!
Apology, accepted of course, but if you want to make it up to the farmers buy soy and cheese.  Perhaps make a nice soy and cheese casserole, after all I buy a lot of AZ meth.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 01:32:01 am »
Apology, accepted of course, but if you want to make it up to the farmers buy soy and cheese.  Perhaps make a nice soy and cheese casserole, after all I buy a lot of AZ meth.

I added a "ETA" above....

@Once-Ler
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 05:15:13 am »

If you choose to rely on govt for your fate, you get what you get.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 06:09:03 am »

You crack me up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 12:05:15 am »
The U.S., Mexico, and Canada signed the USMCA, also known as “new NAFTA,” on Nov. 30, 2018 but plans hit a snag as Congress has declined to ratify it.

NAFTA is a treaty, ratified by the Senate. Its replacement would also have to be a treaty, also ratified by the Senate. It is before the Senate, so the failure, if one needs to apply that word, is the Senate's failure.

Not that facts matter in the face of TDS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 12:08:20 am »

Not that facts matter in the face of TDS.

QFT

:beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 12:20:04 am »
   I thought USMCA was held up in pelousi's house, besides the Mexican's already want to renegotiate the American Labor Inspectors in their factories.  It's beginning to unravel even before the election.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 12:40:23 am »
If you choose to rely on govt for your fate, you get what you get.
They were not relying on govt. They were trying to sell a product outside of America, but then President Trump decided trade wars were easy to win.
So farmers, if you choose to vote for Donald Trump, you get what you get.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 12:55:10 am »
They were not relying on govt. They were trying to sell a product outside of America, but then President Trump decided trade wars were easy to win.
So farmers, if you choose to vote for Donald Trump, you get what you get.

Nice try to spin reality with words, but if you want to put your eggs in one basket you will be subject to the uncertainty that follows.

Maybe you can come up with more clever words and put them creative arrangements.
The Republic is lost.