Author Topic: Muslim Woman Sues Virginia Company, Claims Prayer Breaks Kept Her From Getting Hired  (Read 754 times)

rangerrebew

Muslim Woman Sues Virginia Company, Claims Prayer Breaks Kept Her From Getting Hired
Mike Vance
December 7, 2019

A Muslim woman is suing a company in northern Virginia. She claims that the company was set to her her until she asked for prayer breaks during her work day.

In a federal lawsuit filed in Alexandria, Shahin Indorewala claims that she applied for a junior management position at Fast Track Management Inc. last September. During her second interview an assistant manager took things as far as explaining what her break schedule would be like with the job.

“I said, ‘That’s kind of a long lunch break, but is it possible for me to take a shorter lunch break and instead take five minutes throughout the day to pray,’ ” Indorewala said to reporters outside of Fast Track Management’s offices.

https://dailypoliticalnewswire.com/muslim-woman-sues-virginia-company-claims-prayer-breaks-kept-her-from-getting-hired/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can any of you even begin to imagine the outrage by the press and the left if some Christian insisted on prayer breaks at work?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Can any of you even begin to imagine the outrage by the press and the left if some Christian insisted on prayer breaks at work?
Christians can pray wherever they are, without making a big production of it. No rugs needed.

My employers have never had a clue that I ever might have prayed on the job - because I didn't make freakin' unreasonable demands about it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Christians can pray wherever they are, without making a big production of it. No rugs needed.

My employers have never had a clue that I ever might have prayed on the job - because I didn't make freakin' unreasonable demands about it.

@mountaineer

Ok,try telling them you need time to form prayer circles to pray for sick and injured family and friends,and see how well that works out for you.

Offline mountaineer

Ok,try telling them you need time to form prayer circles to pray for sick and injured family and friends,and see how well that works out for you.
Why would I do that at work?

Offline PeteS in CA

Not related to Immigration, moving to State news forum.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why would I do that at work?

@mountaineer

Because prayer at work is what we are discussing.

Offline mountaineer

If I wanted other like-minded coworkers to join me in prayer, I'd just say, "Hey, could you pray for ___? Thanks." I sure as heck wouldn't demand the employer gave us time off and a place to hold a prayer circle!  :laugh:  But, as we all know, what seems like normal behavior to us doesn't fit the Islamo pattern of unreasonable demands.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If I was in charge of hiring I would never hire a women (of childbearing age) or any muslum. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.