Author Topic: 'Don't compare me to Donald Trump!': Biden defends insults against Iowa voter  (Read 212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Don't compare me to Donald Trump!': Biden defends insults against Iowa voter
by John Gage
 | December 07, 2019 04:46 PM

Joe Biden hit back at a reporter who asked him whether calling an Iowa voter a "damn liar" was comparable to rhetoric from President Trump.

"No, no, no, no, no, don't compare me to Donald Trump. Don't do that," the former vice president shot back at an NPR reporter when she made the comparison Saturday. Biden said Trump makes fun of people and lies, adding, "I don't do any of those things."

"The fact of the matter is this guy stood up, and he was, in fact, lying. And I just pointed out, 'You're a liar.' It's a fact," he said.

Biden, 77, said he might regret challenging the guy to a push-up contest but said he thought it was "civil" to call him a liar. The Delaware Democrat had previously pushed back at critics who thought he called the Iowa voter "fat," claiming instead he used the word "fact."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dont-compare-me-to-donald-trump-biden-defends-insults-against-iowa-voter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34