Author Topic: L’Etat, C’est MAGA (Berman)  (Read 145 times)

Online corbe

L’Etat, C’est MAGA (Berman)
« on: December 07, 2019, 04:16:28 pm »
L’Etat, C’est MAGA

If this trend of deifying our presidents continues, I might have to support a dead cat on the ballot in the 2024 election, because it's becoming obvious that the Republican Party has become "L'Etat, c'est MAGA," and the Democrats are just plain bat-guano crazy

by Steve Berman

Who takes credit for the stock market, the jobs report, every American factory opening in the last six years, winning the glorious 2016 election by an enormous landslide, an unmatched intellect, Great Wisdom, and standing for the old-timey values that Made America Great in the face of haters and a Witch Hunt?

Listen, I am happy that we have President Trump, versus Herself Who Can’t Believe She Lost in the White House. I truly believe that the stock market, American companies, and the business optimism we’re seeing come to live in real investments is somewhat the result of a business-friendly Republican administration. I truly believe that the Trump administration has cut enough red tape from the federal leviathan to build a highway to Saturn and back. I truly believe that Trump’s judicial picks, by proxy of the Federalist Society and a bevy of advisors, are good for America. I truly believe that Trump’s pugilistic approach to government has resulted in some actual good results. These things stand on their own.

But we did not elect a god. Conversely, God did not elect this president. We did it. Of course, God superintends everything in the universe, so we can say that if SMOD arrives, it was also ordained by God (and if you read the book of Revelation, you would have no theological problem with that).

We would not worship a natural disaster as some sign from the Lord and then expect to be taken seriously in policy discussions. This is why we don’t let preachers who declared Katrina to be some judgement from God make our laws; it’s also why secularists run scared when good folks like Rick Perry say that God “chose” Donald Trump. The last thing in the world I want to argue is that God selected Donald Trump to be president, to realize His will on earth. Trump is no more qualified to do that than Nancy Pelosi. If you want to argue that point, go do it at the local pub, but not with me.

<..snip..>

https://theresurgent.com/2019/12/06/letat-cest-maga/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.