Author Topic: Trump takes aim at trickle-down toilets, faucets  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump takes aim at trickle-down toilets, faucets
« on: December 07, 2019, 02:44:53 am »
Trump takes aim at trickle-down toilets, faucets

Timothy Gardner, Makini Brice

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Friday he has directed his environmental regulators to find answers to what he said is a big problem - water-conserving showers, faucets and toilets.

“We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House. “You turn the faucet on in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water ... and you don’t get any water,” he added.

He said the Environmental Protection Agency was looking “very strongly at my suggestion.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-water-idUSKBN1YA2LF
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Trump takes aim at trickle-down toilets, faucets
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 02:30:14 pm »
In some cases technology has improved things.  I have a low water American Standard Champion. It flushes like no one's business. I have yet to find a showerhead that gives a vigorous flow the way the old showerheads did. I understand there is quite a robust market for old showerheads on eBay. 

Meanwhile the industry tries to sell us on the idea of "gentle rain" showers.  Who the hell wants that?  Give me a hot, stinging shower any day. I don't think I've really had one of those since the 70s.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:31:21 pm by massadvj »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 02:34:05 pm »
In some cases technology has improved things.  I have a low water American Standard Champion. It flushes like no one's business.

I have said before, I am a big, big dude... There is no way to politely say how disappointed I am in modern plumbing. I guess I will leave it at that.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 02:40:02 pm »
I have said before, I am a big, big dude... There is no way to politely say how disappointed I am in modern plumbing. I guess I will leave it at that.

I dare say (and I'm just guessing here), perhaps no one on this forum has enjoyed the pleasure of um... er... not needing to flush more than the two of us. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:43:40 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 02:44:18 pm »
I dare say (and I'm just guessing here), perhaps no one on this forum has enjoyed the pleasure of um... er... not needing to flush.

You must mean no one else... 😁

I will say this much... If I ever get back out to the sticks, it won't be a problem anymore.  :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 02:45:33 pm »
There is something to be said for no indoor plumbing.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 02:48:44 pm »
You must mean no one else... 😁

I will say this much... If I ever get back out to the sticks, it won't be a problem anymore.  :beer:

Ha!  You missed my edit.  Let's just say I have a lot of experience with the naturally ventilated facility.  Even at -20.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 02:53:14 pm »
Ha!  You missed my edit.  Let's just say I have a lot of experience with the naturally ventilated facility.  Even at -20.

LOL! Me too.. Or the fancy way - composting toilets... I would rather own a shavings bucket than a plunger  happy77 ... A feller should not have to work all that hard to do his business... It makes my morning constitutional a time of foreboding.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 02:56:00 pm »
LOL! Me too.. Or the fancy way - composting toilets... I would rather own a shavings bucket than a plunger  happy77 ... A feller should not have to work all that hard to do his business... It makes my morning constitutional a time of foreboding.

Exactly.  I just shoveled a path in the snow to ours in the northwoods of Wisconsin.   :beer:
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 02:59:45 pm »
Exactly.  I just shoveled a path in the snow to ours in the northwoods of Wisconsin.   :beer:

That's a beautiful thing.  :beer: :seeya:

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 03:36:39 pm »
   By the time Trump/Congress finish with this we'll be $hitting in the backyard, again, cause it's easier that way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 03:51:01 pm »

I watch Big Family Homestead on Youtube quite a bit... Them folks are on the edge of the northwoods on an old dairy farm from the look of it... They're plowing already too.

We have had some snow, but I haven't had to plow yet.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 03:51:39 pm »
   By the time Trump/Congress finish with this we'll be $hitting in the backyard, again, cause it's easier that way.

Finally! Some progress!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 03:59:22 pm »
In some cases technology has improved things.  I have a low water American Standard Champion. It flushes like no one's business. I have yet to find a showerhead that gives a vigorous flow the way the old showerheads did. I understand there is quite a robust market for old showerheads on eBay. 

Meanwhile the industry tries to sell us on the idea of "gentle rain" showers.  Who the hell wants that?  Give me a hot, stinging shower any day. I don't think I've really had one of those since the 70s.

Treat yourself to a Grohe or Hansgrohe (two different companies, same German family) shower head for Christmas.  Game changer!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 04:27:55 pm »
There is something to be said for no indoor plumbing.

@roamer_1

Speaking as someone who grew up without indoor plumbing,and had to heat water in a pot on the stove to wash with in a unheated room,there is nothing positive that can be said about not having indoor plumbing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 04:37:13 pm »
@roamer_1

Speaking as someone who grew up without indoor plumbing,and had to heat water in a pot on the stove to wash with in a unheated room,there is nothing positive that can be said about not having indoor plumbing.

I see that the other way around, @sneakypete ... I see us as enslaved by these conveniences. Kinda like when I went back to scratch cooking. It DOES taste better, but I think that half of that is in the anticipation. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to fill the house with the smell of baking bread or a roast in the pan. And that can only be present when cooking from scratch.

All things are kinda that way... There is additional satisfaction in doing it old school that is missing nowadays....

But I get it... It will be hard for me to give up 220, and my welder and air compressor. Part of me would prefer a foot in both worlds... But if I have to choose, the old ways are better.

Even the 'unheated' house. I don't mind stoking up a wood fire... WAY better heat than gas.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 04:41:35 pm »
@roamer_1

What you fellas need is the Commando 450!

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=-9XrXfXaMNfA0PEPwcuyeA&q=commando+450&oq=commando+450&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4j0i22i30l5.583.3560..4875...0.0..2.583.2407.2j5j1j1j1j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.dIHcEkhVQ1I&ved=0ahUKEwi1xIWP_aPmAhVXIDQIHcGlDA8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 04:52:55 pm »
This thread topic is an excellent example of how Trump understands what regular Americans care about and why he will overwhelmingly be re-elected...

Part II: ...and why his re-election chances have absolutely nothing to do with Harvard and Stanford university legal professors opinions about why Trump should be impeached.

wink777

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2019, 05:25:00 pm »

But I get it... It will be hard for me to give up 220, and my welder and air compressor. Part of me would prefer a foot in both worlds... But if I have to choose, the old ways are better.

Only if you are delusional. If they were better,we would all still be living in caves.

Even the 'unheated' house. I don't mind stoking up a wood fire... WAY better heat than gas.

There is NO way a wood fire is better than a furnace. Not now,not ever. YOU may LIKE it better for nostalgic reasons,but that doesn't make it better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
My grandfather (born in 1880) once talked about how things had changed since he was a boy. He said back then people ate inside and $hit outside.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:35:43 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 06:45:43 pm »
Only if you are delusional. If they were better,we would all still be living in caves.

Nah... but cabins, yeah.

There is NO way a wood fire is better than a furnace. Not now,not ever. YOU may LIKE it better for nostalgic reasons,but that doesn't make it better.

Nostalgia? Oh heck no... Just better heat. I have gas here, and it is nice for keeping the place without having to mind it, but the wood stove is the real thing - 65 with the gas heat is still pretty chilly, but 65 with the wood stove is cozy. Especially when it's below zero.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 07:07:26 pm »
This thread topic is an excellent example of how Trump understands what regular Americans care about and why he will overwhelmingly be re-elected...

Part II: ...and why his re-election chances have absolutely nothing to do with Harvard and Stanford university legal professors opinions about why Trump should be impeached.

wink777

Yeah did you get in the link to the news story where he mentions energy efficient lightbulbs too?

He mentions it in the leading article but here is another:

Trump quips that new lights bulbs don't make him look as good
By Brett Samuels - 12/06/19 04:05 PM EST

President Trump on Friday joked that White House staff will have to change out lightbulbs in a few rooms because the new bulb "gives you an orange look."

"The new bulb is many times more expensive, and, I hate to say it, it doesn't make you look as good," Trump said during a White House meeting focused on deregulation efforts.

"Of course, being a vain person that's very important to me," he added, prompting laughter in the room. "It gives you an orange look. I don't want an orange look. Has anyone noticed that?"

"So we'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House," Trump quipped.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/473433-trump-quips-that-new-lights-bulbs-dont-make-him-look-as-good

It is hilarious stuff, but I can't relate.  Never had to flush ten times ever.  The automatic sinks are annoying.  It takes several swipes to get the soap off.  I have never been orange either.  It does make sense though.  They need to create a bigger golden toilet for Trump.  One with a huge flushing ability for all his S___.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online berdie

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2019, 09:13:31 pm »

In some cases technology has improved things.  I have a low water American Standard Champion. It flushes like no one's business.

I just sprung the bucks for two of those. They will have to be pryed from my cold dead hands.

I respect everyone here that does the alternative outside potty (did it in my youth)  but these commodes are great!

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:38 pm »
Country Comfort ~ Jesse Dayton

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.