Author Topic: AOC Called Out for Trying to Claim Her Family May Have Starved Under Administration's New Food Stamp  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC Called Out for Trying to Claim Her Family May Have Starved Under Administration's New Food Stamp Rules
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Dec 06, 2019 8:10 AM

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY) criticized the Trump administration’s new rules tightening requirements for food stamps, claiming she and her family may have starved had they been in place when her father died.

“My family relied on food stamps (EBT) when my dad died at 48. I was a student. If this happened then, we might’ve just starved,” she wrote on Twitter. “Now, many people will. It’s shameful how the GOP works overtime to create freebies for the rich while dissolving lifelines of those who need it most.”

Ocasio-Cortez was responding to a breaking news tweet from NBC that said work requirements for food stamp recipients had been finalized, which would cause hundreds of thousands of people to lose access.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/12/06/aoc-tries-to-claim-her-family-may-have-starved-under-administrations-new-food-stamp-rules-n2557589
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

From the linked article:

Heritage Foundation
✔
@Heritage
The rule applies to able-bodied adults between the ages of 18 and 49 who do not have dependents.

The rule wouldn’t apply to parents with minor children, the elderly, or disabled people.

AOC either spoke in ignorance or lied - she has considerable practice in both.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

“My family relied on food stamps (EBT) when my dad died at 48. I was a student. If this happened then, we might’ve just starved,” she wrote on Twitter. “Now, many people will. It’s shameful how the GOP works overtime to create freebies for the rich while dissolving lifelines of those who need it most.”

Why not do what other people do?  Work for a paycheck.  Oh wait, you were working for a paycheck, interning for Ted Kennedy.  Yet you applied for food stamps at the same time?  Isn't that fraud?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2019/12/06/adam-schiff-aoc-take/

Adam Schiff And AOC Take On Food Stamp Rule, Get It Wrong

Did someone send out a list of talking points for Democrats to use when attacking the Trump administration’s new food stamps rule without first reading the rule? I’m not sure how else to explain what happened yesterday. Within the span of two hours Thursday both Adam Schiff and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez published similar criticisms of the new rule. Here’s Schiff’s take:

Talking points busted? Or just Parallel Politician Stupidity?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What were we ever doing giving SNAP to able bodied adults without dependents anyway?   Shut up AOC.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Hoodat

Talking points busted? Or just Parallel Politician Stupidity?

Talking points busted based upon politician stupidity.  Democrats couldn't order breakfast without someone instructing them on what to say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-