Author Topic: Suspect dead, at least 11 hospitalized in shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida  (Read 1550 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
One killed, several injured in Pensacola naval station shooting
By Rachel Frazin - 12/06/19 08:56 AM EST

A shooter has killed at least one person at a naval air station in Pensacola, Fla., CNN reported, citing authorities.

A number of others were reportedly injured in the shooting. The person who carried out the shooting has been killed, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office told WKRG.

A separate report by WEAR-TV said that there was an active shooter at a naval air station in Pensacola at 7:15 a.m.

The WEAR-TV report noted that there have been "reports of injuries."

The Pensacola News Journal reported Friday that Baptist hospital has received five patients and Sacred Heart Hospital is expecting six.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/473338-shooter-at-florida-naval-air-base-killed-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

UPDATE: 8:38 CENTRAL TIME, 2 KILLED PLUS SHOOTER DEAD.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:39:54 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Suspect dead, at least 11 hospitalized in shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida

PENSACOLA, Fla. — The shooter is dead and at least 11 people were hospitalized Friday morning in a shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola.

Escambia County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Amber Southard confirmed the shooter was dead just before 8 a.m. Friday.

Five patients were accepted to Baptist Hospital, according to spokeswoman Kathy Bowers. Six were accepted to Sacred Heart Hospital.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/12/06/pensacola-shooter-nas-pensacola-base-locked-down-florida/4351814002/

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:48:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

This is bizarre. First Pearl Harbor, now this.
At least 2 dead in shooting at Florida Navy base
By Audrey McNamara
Updated on: December 6, 2019 / 9:35 AM / CBS News

A shooter opened fire on multiple people Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola, killing at least one other person, authorities said. The shooter is dead, as well as one other fatality, the U.S. Navy has confirmed.

"One additional fatality has been confirmed. Unknown number of injured people being transferred to local hospitals," the Navy confirmed on Twitter.

At least 11 people have been taken to area hospitals, the Associated Press reports. ...
More at CBS
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

News flash
@BRNewsFlash
#BREAKING NEWS: Law enforcement indicates possible connection between shooters at both #PearlHarbor and now Naval Air Station #Pensacola.
But still unconfirmed at the moment
8:24 AM · Dec 6, 2019·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/BRNewsFlash/status/1202957051976130562

Where do they get this? I mean, it makes sense to me but... were these people, you know, are they Muslim terrorists or what?

Offline TomSea

I see this was posted under "Military", probably previous to my thread. I'm not sure if I care to move it there because this is a major national news story. It's up to anyone to move it though.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
4 dead now and that includes the gunman
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
This seems very low key from the media. If he was on base, he surely had I D on him.

Offline Victoria33

Just heard killer is a Saudi National.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
US official: Pensacola shooting suspect was Saudi student

My son told me earlier that was the word going around,

https://apnews.com/1102076110d04018176b4f7f12017347?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

My son told me earlier that was the word going around,

https://apnews.com/1102076110d04018176b4f7f12017347?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

My first thought was of your son when I heard this story..glad he is okay..
Support the USO

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
My first thought was of your son when I heard this story..glad he is okay..
Thank you. He is through with his training (though it never ends) and is assigned to a squadron at Cherry Point. Of course every Marine Aviator starts at Pensacola.

This is very disturbing. How can this happen?

Offline mountaineer

9999hair out0000

Wait, even CNN is admitting it:
CNN NationalSecurity  @NatSecCNN

BREAKING:A member of the Saudi military training at US Naval Air Station in Pensacola is the suspected shooter in Friday’s incident, according to 5 US defense officials and another person familiar with the investigation.  @barbarastarrcnn
 reports

12:51 PM · Dec 6, 2019
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:52:50 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Last Updated Dec 6th, 2019 at 1:38 pm

The gunman who killed at least three people and wounded seven others before being killed by deputies in a Friday morning shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola has been identified as a Saudi national and member of the Saudi Arabian military who was in the U.S. for aviation training. His name is Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, according to NBC News. The shooting is being investigated as a possible terror attack.

The assailant opened fire in a classroom building killing at least three and wounding seven others ....
MORE

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just heard killer is a Saudi National.

Will we ever learn?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Need all military foreign nationals placed in protective custody pending an investigation. Also, where was base security?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Need all military foreign nationals placed in protective custody pending an investigation. Also, where was base security?

Are the MP's armed on that base?..or is it under civilian security?
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is one of the reasons that President Trump among others has called for trained soldiers on-base personnel be armed, along with all soldiers at recruiting offices. They are soldiers after all, it is absurd that they are not allowed to defend themselves.

Yes, we have trained you to go overseas to jump out of aircraft into life threatening situations to kill terrorists, but we cannot allow you to hold a weapon.

Too dangerous.

Please define 'too dangerous' again? I'm confused?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:20:14 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Are the MP's armed on that base?..or is it under civilian security?
It's a good question, isn't it. The question was alluded to in the presser with a dodge as the response. I understand the dodge, as this is a major ****up and they need some time to get the proper asses covered. I wish Mattis was still in the chain.

Offline TomSea

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
King Salman of Saudi Arabia just called to express his sincere condolences and give his sympathies to the families and friends of the warriors who were killed and wounded in the attack that took place in Pensacola, Florida....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
....The King said that the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter, and that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:20:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

Mark Steyn:
...   Back when President Trump was Candidate Trump, he famously proposed a soi-disant "Muslim ban" on entry to the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on".

Which was a rationale to which I was rather partial - because a failure to "figure out what the hell is going on" is a big part of why we're where we are a generation after 9/11. Mohammed is now in the Top Ten boys' names in America, which means it will sooner than you think be, as it is in Europe, among the Top Five boys' names, and eventually the Number One.

Well, the "Muslim ban" never happened, after being struck down by judges and filleted into meaninglessness by the lawyers of the permanent bureaucracy. But you would think, given the mountain of corpses piled up on 9/11, that at the very minimum Saudi nationals would no longer be being given pilot training in Florida. After all, fifteen of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, and half of those who flew the planes received their lessons in the Sunshine State.

Yet today Americans pick up their papers to read:     
PENSACOLA, Fla. — A Saudi Arabian military pilot training in the United States opened fire Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola, leaving three people dead and several others wounded before Florida sheriff's deputies shot and killed him    ...

...   Nothing to worry about and always remember (to reprise another old line of mine) that "Allahu Akbar" is Arabic for "Nothing to see here".   ...
Read entire article here

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Saudi gunman and at least 3 victims reported dead at NAS Pensacola

Navy Times By: Courtney Mabeus 12/6/2019

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/12/06/active-shooter-at-nas-pensacola-reported-dead/

A Saudi Arabian military student used a handgun to open fire on a classroom at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida early Friday, killing three and injuring eight more before he died in a shoot out with sheriff’s officers, according to Navy and local law enforcement officials.

The Navy has not identified the shooter but NAS Pensacola base commander Capt. Timothy Kinsella said during an afternoon news conference that he was a student in the Navy aviation pipeline.

“He was training in aviation,” Kinsella said.

The student was among a couple hundred international students that train at the base, which is the primary initial training stop for all Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard officers seeking to become aviators or flight officers, plus international students.

Morgan said the incident was confined to the building and the classroom.

The Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Washington, D.C., has not issued a statement about the gunman or other students at Naval Air Station Pensacola.

Saudi officials also have not answered questions submitted by Navy Times in writing this morning about the incident.

The official Saudi news agency also has remained silent about the bloodshed in Pensacola.

More at link.

Offline dfwgator

Our "Friends", the Saudis are at it, again.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/12/pensacola-navy-base-shooting-suspect-is-saudi-military-member-possibly-terrorism-related/

The Naval Air Station Pensacola shooting suspect is a Saudi Arabian Air Force member and the Friday morning incident — that left the suspect and three victims dead, and eight others wounded — is being investigated as a possible terrorism incident.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis confirmed at a 12:50 p.m. CST press conference that the suspect is a member of the Saudi Air Force.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7764063/Naval-Air-Station-Pensacola-Florida-lockdown-reports-active-shooter.html

Six Saudis are arrested over Pensacola naval base shooting including three who FILMED the attack by countryman who killed three and wounded eight before being shot dead - as FBI probes terror link
The Daily Mail
Friday, Dec 6th 2019
by Andrew Court and Snejana Farberov

* Shooting took place on base early Friday morning, sparking a lockdown.

* Sources identified the suspected gunman as Saudi Air Force aviation student Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani.

* As of Friday evening, six Saudi nationals have been detained for questioning.

* It's reported that three of them filmed the shooting as it happened.

* Rep Matt Gaetz, a Republican representing Pensacola, called the shooting 'an act of terrorism'.

* President Trump tweeted that King Salman told him 'the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter...'.

* Three other people were shot and killed during incident inside classroom building on base.

More at URL above...