Author Topic: Washington state Democrat announces retirement  (Read 259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington state Democrat announces retirement
« on: December 04, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »
Washington state Democrat announces retirement
By Rachel Frazin - 12/04/19 01:24 PM EST

House Intelligence Committee member Denny Heck (D-Wash.) announced his retirement Wednesday.

"Today, I announce my retirement from a career in public service that began over forty years ago," he tweeted, with a link to a Medium Post explaining his decision to retire.

His retirement follows the conclusion of House Intelligence Committee hearings regarding possible impeachable offenses committed by President Trump.

Intelligence Committee members released their impeachment hearing report on Tuesday, just one day before House Judiciary impeachment proceedings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/473022-washington-state-democrat-announces-retirement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Washington state Democrat announces retirement
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
40 years?   All those years and he's never worked a real job in his adult life.

Sad.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 12:39:32 am »
He's smart. He's getting out with full-retirement pay early enough he can claim "Don't blame ME,I retired!" when the Dim Party melts down in 2020.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 01:03:20 am »
He didn't serve the public, he served himself. Wonder how many millions he's worth on his salary that probably averaged about 100K per year.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 04:07:07 am »
He joins seven other Democratic House members who have either said they will not seek reelection or resigned from the chamber.

Not a good sign for the rats, but fortunately for them https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S._Congress_incumbents_who_are_not_running_for_re-election_in_2020
says 3 republican Senators and one rat Senator are retiring while 20 republican Congressmen and 9 rat Congressmen are retiring so far for 2020 (the missing rat is Cummings who died). 

This is the time that incumbents take stock.  They ask if it is worth being in their minority, or barely majority party, and defending their leadership, hoping against reality it might lead to accomplishing something of worth.

Just what makes that little old ant  Think he'll move that rubber tree plant  Anyone knows an ant, can't  Move a rubber tree plant

While I have no candidate to associate all my hopes and dreams of the future, I got to say 2020 could be the most excited I have ever been about an election.  Thanx for posting this @mystery-ak