Author Topic: GOP Rep. Roger Marshall Introduces Bill to Rein in ATF Firearm Approval Process  (Read 218 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by AWR Hawkins 12/3/2019

Rep. Roger Marshall (R-KS) introduced legislation Tuesday to streamline the ATF approval process for guns regulated by the National Firearms Act (NFA) and completely remove short-barreled rifles from NFA purview.

The legislation is titled Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act.

While removing future short-barreled rifle sales from NFA purview, Marshall’s bill would also require the destruction of existing registration of such rifles.

In a press release accompanying the legislation, Marshall said, “Opponents of the Second Amendment want to use bureaucracy and regulations to obstruct citizens attempting to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms. The firearms addressed in this bill are commonly used for hunting, personal defense, and competitive shooting.”

He added, “Since I came to Congress, I have fought tooth and nail to stop attempts that would strip our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. This bill will eliminate regulations designed not to protect Americans, but to deny them their Constitutional rights.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/03/gop-rep-roger-marshall-introduces-bill-to-rein-in-atf-firearm-approval-process/

I have a 357 Herrett TC Contender with a 14" barrel that I've always wanted to put a shoulder stock on. Maybe soon I'll be able to without either going Form 1 or permanently affixing a barrel extension to it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nice gesture, but goin' nowhere in the current Congress...

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It'll go the same way the Hearing Protection Act went.