Author Topic: John Kerry comes up with a politico-celebrity cavalcade to lecture us on global warming  (Read 595 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 1, 2019
John Kerry comes up with a politico-celebrity cavalcade to lecture us on global warming
By Monica Showalter

Welp. Looks like having just one Davos, that unholy celebrity-business-politico festival of globaloney held in elite Switzerland, isn't enough.

John Kerry is creating what sounds like another, a cavalcade of the usual big names of has-beens and never-brains for the purpose of lecturing all us pudknockers about global warming, jetting in and out on plumes of carbon compounds. He calls it "World War Zero" because we're supposed to be panicking, and thus, giving up our tremendous freedoms and way of life to ... them, probably so they can make money.

Here's the New York Times piece:

WASHINGTON — John Kerry, the former senator and secretary of state, has formed a new bipartisan coalition of world leaders, military brass and Hollywood celebrities to push for public action to combat climate change.

The name, World War Zero, is supposed to evoke both the national security threat posed by the earth’s warming and the type of wartime mobilization that Mr. Kerry argued would be needed to stop the rise in carbon emissions before 2050. The star-studded group is supposed to win over those skeptical of the policies that would be needed to accomplish that.

Former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are part of the effort. Moderate Republican lawmakers like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former governor of California, and John Kasich, the former governor of Ohio, are on the list. Stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, Sting and Ashton Kutcher round out the roster of more than 60 founding members. Their goal is to hold more than 10 million “climate conversations” in the coming year with Americans across the political spectrum.

With a starting budget of $500,000, Mr. Kerry said, he and other coalition members intend to hold town meetings across the country starting in January. Members will head to battleground states key to the 2020 election, but also to military bases where climate discussions are rare and to economically depressed areas that members say could benefit from clean energy jobs.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/john_kerry_comes_up_with_a_politicocelebrity_cavalcade_to_lecture_us_on_global_warming.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lurch an algore make a great team.   As useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Listening to Kerry would be an insomnia cure. And just in case you didn't know, he served in ........ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While he and his friends still fly to Europe,the Carribean,or Hawaii in their private jets to enjoy a weekend in the country.

Somebody should ask Lurch if he has given up his yacht and private jet,sold his vast estates,and moved into a condo,and if now,WHY not?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Ask Lurch if he and his beloved, Teresa Heinz Drunky, are still enjoying their five energy-sucking estates. (Not to mention AlGore's vast expanse of fossil-fuel-consuming homestead). What a bunch of phonies.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Lookie there::

"NeverTrump" Kasich and like-minded "moderates!"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

Now that Lurch has dubbed globull baloney a war, I'm sure he'll put in for a few more Purple Hearts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
“World War Zero” – John Kerry’s Great Climate Change Mobilization

Watts Up With That by Eric Worrall 12/1/2019

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/12/01/world-war-zero-john-kerrys-great-climate-change-mobilization/

John Kerry, the former senator and secretary of state, has formed a new bipartisan coalition of world leaders, military brass and Hollywood celebrities to push for public action to combat climate change.

The name, World War Zero, is supposed to evoke both the national security threat posed by the earth’s warming and the type of wartime mobilization that Mr. Kerry argued would be needed to stop the rise in carbon emissions before 2050. The star-studded group is supposed to win over those skeptical of the policies that would be needed to accomplish that.

Former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are part of the effort. Moderate Republican lawmakers like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former governor of California, and John Kasich, the former governor of Ohio, are on the list. Stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, Sting and Ashton Kutcher round out the roster of more than 60 founding members. Their goal is to hold more than 10 million “climate conversations” in the coming year with Americans across the political spectrum.
…
Mr. Kerry said while individual members might personally promote specific climate policy proposals, like a tax on carbon dioxide pollution, or the Green New Deal, the coalition is not aimed at promoting any particular plan.

“We’re not going to be divided going down a rabbit hole for one plan or another,” he said.

Offline goatprairie

While he and his friends still fly to Europe,the Carribean,or Hawaii in their private jets to enjoy a weekend in the country.

Somebody should ask Lurch if he has given up his yacht and private jet,sold his vast estates,and moved into a condo,and if now,WHY not?
Condo? Condos use up too much energy for those who worship Gaia.  I think a 12x12 shack in the Rockies would suit the likes of Kerry  better.
He could learn how to ride a bicycle to get around and hunt rabbits and other rodents for food. I'd even allow him ketchup since his wife probably has an unlimited supply.

Offline LMAO

Doomed to fail because if there’s one thing that turns off the average person is being preached at about the dangers of their lavish lifestyles by people with lavish lifestyles

You’re a middle-class person with a nice house, a car, and a budget and a bunch of rich celebrities and politicians who could afford to feed a small country are telling you you are the problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Doomed to fail because if there’s one thing that turns off the average person is being preached at about the dangers of their lavish lifestyles by people with lavish lifestyles

You’re a middle-class person with a nice house, a car, and a budget and a bunch of rich celebrities and politicians who could afford to feed a small country are telling you you are the problem
I would just change one thing, they are people with exorbitantly lavish lifestyles preaching to people living moderate lifestyles. It's like if Liberace were to tell a skid row bum he was dressed to sparkly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Well,we ARE the problem,and they need to start a few more wars to kill more of us all so there will be more left for them.

Not to worry,though. Once World Wide Government,Inc is in charge of the world,the excess population will be eliminated.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!