Author Topic: Despite Screaming Headlines from Fake News Media – Black Friday Shopping Frenzy BREAKS ALL RECORDS –  (Read 999 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Despite Screaming Headlines from Fake News Media – Black Friday Shopping Frenzy BREAKS ALL RECORDS – Tops $4 Billion for First Time!

by Jim Hoft November 30, 2019

Despite the screaming headlines from the fake news media the Black Friday shopping frenzy BROKE ALL RECORDS on Friday.
Black Friday shopping topped $4 billion for the first time ever!
It’s Trump’s economy now!

FOX Business Network reported:

“Shoppers weren’t slowed down at all by their huge turkey feasts.”

Consumers spent a staggering $4.2 billion online on Thanksgiving, a 14.5 percent from last year and a record high, according to new figures published by Adobe Analytics on Friday. This marks the first time that Thanksgiving shopping has surpassed $4 billion.

In total, e-commerce behemoths saw a 244 percent boost in sales on Thanksgiving, while smaller retailers experienced a 61 percent jump.

Phones played a huge role in the spike in Turkey Day shopping: Overall, nearly half of the revenue — 44.9 percent — stemmed from people’s smartphones, a 24.4 increase over last year.

Link:  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/despite-screaming-headlines-from-fake-news-media-black-friday-shopping-frenzy-breaks-all-records-tops-4-billion-for-first-time/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 05:34:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Gefn

I have never gone shopping on black Friday.  I usually buy Christmas presents in October.  I don't go outside to do shopping because I cannot walk the stores.  An upcoming medical procedure may fix my right knee so I can go into stores then - but, why would I, when Amazon, Walmart, others, are at my fingertips.  Saves gas, dealing with crazy drivers, no parking place, long lines to check out- maybe catch the flu from one of them. 

How many of you on the forum, use on-line instead of going to stores?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I used to go out on Black Friday when my boys were little and you could really find deals.
I actually used to love shopping and the excitement of the holidays....not so much anymore.

Now we only have 2 little ones to buy for and Mike and I went shopping for them weeks ago...the rest will get cash to buy whatever they want.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@mystery-ak
@Gefn

I have never gone shopping on black Friday.  I usually buy Christmas presents in October.  I don't go outside to do shopping because I cannot walk the stores.  An upcoming medical procedure may fix my right knee so I can go into stores then - but, why would I, when Amazon, Walmart, others, are at my fingertips.  Saves gas, dealing with crazy drivers, no parking place, long lines to check out- maybe catch the flu from one of them. 

@Victoria33 I’ll only go to a supermarket or a convince store on Black Friday. Or a bank or the post office if I need stamps. I have to go to the supermarket today because the next two days I’m either going to get two days of sleet or over a foot of snow. The weather forecast is hovering at 33-34 degrees so it looks like two days of sleet, just missing snow. I’d rather drive in snow than sleet.
I like snow. I’m hoping for a white Christmas
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That darn Trump is wrecking our  economy.  Orange Man bad.  Tariffs. Trade war with the chicoms.  Impeachment. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We do.  We don't even go into Walmart for groceries anymore, since they started the curb side pick-ups.  I've been using Amazon a lot because they have just about everything I need, and they will reliably ship my purchases to anybody I like, saving us UPS charges.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Discrepancy:  Hoft purports to be reporting "Black Friday" sales numbers, but the story is about online sales for Thanksgiving day.  While impressive, the numbers are not for "Black Friday."  I don't expect those figures until some time next week.  As of now, the sun is just coming up on the day after Black Friday.  We haven't even passed Cyber Monday yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 I’ll only go to a supermarket or a convince store on Black Friday. Or a bank or the post office if I need stamps. I have to go to the supermarket today because the next two days I’m either going to get two days of sleet or over a foot of snow. The weather forecast is hovering at 33-34 degrees so it looks like two days of sleet, just missing snow. I’d rather drive in snow than sleet.
I like snow. I’m hoping for a white Christmas
@Gefn

Get your groceries and stay put until streets are safe.  You will be fine when you get a kitty.   ****cute kitty 8889whatkitty 888heartkitty 8888sitting kitty

Offline Victoria33

We do.  We don't even go into Walmart for groceries anymore, since they started the curb side pick-ups.  I've been using Amazon a lot because they have just about everything I need, and they will reliably ship my purchases to anybody I like, saving us UPS charges.
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, I use Amazon for gifts that need to be mailed and about everything else I need on there.  I must have been about the first person to buy on Amazon due to I buy a lot of books and that was what they sold at the beginning. 

How about it is a safe place to buy things due to so many killings that are happening everywhere in stores and on the streets. 

You are too young to know about a time when we did not lock our front doors, left the car keys in the car, did not lock the car, when we were shopping.  Nothing was sold on Sunday.  You were supposed to be in church on Sunday.  That was another world.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are too young to know about a time when we did not lock our front doors, left the car keys in the car, did not lock the car, when we were shopping.  Nothing was sold on Sunday.  You were supposed to be in church on Sunday.  That was another world.

I'm from a small town, and I'm not too young to remember our door-locking habits.   :cool:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:46:16 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Years ago, I decided not to shop on Black Friday.  These days though I mostly give gift cards.  The local supermarket has a ton of them including gift cards for groceries at that store.  And if I buy my gift cards there, I can get either upwards of 20% off my next grocery bill or as much as a $1.20 off a gallon of gas (this market has its own attached gas station) under the store's discount schemes.  I usually give the gas discount to a friend of mine -- she has financial problems, gas is expensive here, and she can use the savings.

Our local tv stations showed hordes of people at malls and standalone retailers on Thanksgiving and the day after.  But I wonder how many were just window shopping and how many were actually buying.  Crowds at malls don't necessarily mean brisk sales.

A number of shoppers might be looking over some merchandise at the stores, but they are going to do their actual shopping on Cyber Monday.  Word is that some retailers are offering better sales if you order online Monday rather than shop on Black Friday.

Offline PeteS in CA

The closest I came to shopping on Black Friday was having lunch at a nearby Indian restaurant. Mrs. S in CA will be going there for a work luncheon soon, so someone "had to" scout it out for her. wink777
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I stopped in the local Walmart last Friday... in the afternoon... to buy a gallon of milk... that was it.