Author Topic: Trump makes presidential history: Avoids end run of Congress with recess appointments  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump makes presidential history: Avoids end run of Congress with recess appointments

Recent records show breakdown in system

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 28, 2019

Ronald Reagan made nearly 250 recess appointments during his time in office. Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush made dozens each. George W. Bush made 171, and Barack Obama notched 32.

President Trump, meanwhile, stands at a big zero.

No other president has gone this deep into an administration without making a recess appointment. In fact, he is poised to become the first president never to get one — save William Henry Harrison, who died just one month into office.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/28/trump-lack-recess-appointments-makes-presidential-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Analysts debate whether the recess appointment has become a constitutional anachronism. But some are wondering whether Mr. Trump might try to use that power heading into the last year of his term.

Even if Congress never goes into a full recess anymore, it still divides each year into a separate session — and on Jan. 3, both chambers will gavel out the first session of the 116th Congress and gavel in the second session.

Thanx for the article @mystery-ak

I'm starting to get the impression that President Trump is just not that good at persuading talent that fears becoming tainted by history.  Quality candidates for positions are taking themselves out of consideration because they see a future beyond President Trump.  People who see Sec of Navy Spencer and let the door bell go unanswered when their country calls them to participate.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Didn't the filibuster change make recess appointments unnecessary?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA