Author Topic: Lindsey Graham blasts Dems' treatment of Trump: 'Salem witches got a better deal'  (Read 972 times)

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham blasts Dems' treatment of Trump: 'Salem witches got a better deal'
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Graham says he loves Joe Biden 'as a person,' but Hunter's Ukraine connection 'doesn't pass the smell test'; reaction from Fox News contributors Dan Henninger and Judy Miller.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., attacked House Democrats' handling of the on-going impeachment inquiry Wednesday, suggesting next week's scheduled second wave of hearings would be an unfair process for President Trump.

"Let me see if I have this right," Graham tweeted. "Jerry Nadler is inviting President Trump to participate in the Judiciary Committee hearings — after all the facts were gathered in Schiff’s Intel Committee — where the president’s team was shut out.

He added that "Salem witches got a better deal than this!" Graham was referring to an invitation from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., to the president to participate in the next round of public hearings, set for Dec. 4.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lindsey-graham-impeachment-salem-witches

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm sorry, but no.  He isn't being burned at the stake.  And while I agree that there are Democrats just as guilty and corrupt that isn't an excuse.  It isn't exactly that he is innocent, he isn't.  Not all those people are lying.  And Mulvaney didn't lie when he admitted quid pro quo.  He thinks he can do as he pleases and he gives them the fuel for the fire.  He likes it, and it gives him his comedy act for the rally shows.  Trump is enjoying every minute of this, and he is gambling that nothing is going to happen.  It probably isn't. 

This is Trumps style.  Its how he managed his business too.  He loves to go to court and relishes in a good fight.  It is who Trump is.  Don't feel sorry for him because he believes its his winning strategy.

So no.  Trump is loving every minute of this impeachment process.     

And Mr. President no, Newsweek is not out of business.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:07:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Indeed he is.  One could almost be forgiven for thinking that the more people who hate him sound off, the more people flock to him.  I wonder why that is?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Indeed he is.  One could almost be forgiven for thinking that the more people who hate him sound off, the more people flock to him.  I wonder why that is?

Its the art of his deal.  That's why.  He has no concern about ethics because he plays the victim game perfectly.

https://fortune.com/2018/09/21/donald-trump-lawsuit-investigation-charges-news-update/

People appear to be hooked on bad boy.  I hear it all the time.  There is a defense for everything because everyone is out to get him.  Good strategy!

I am sure that he isn't the only wealthy or powerful person to claim lynching or witch hunt.  Its a victimhood strategy for the rich and famous.  And even if guilty playing it right is the winning strategy.

https://brutalsouth.substack.com/p/a-brief-history-of-the-lynching-metaphor

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:58:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

I'm sorry, but no.  He isn't being burned at the stake.  And while I agree that there are Democrats just as guilty and corrupt that isn't an excuse.  It isn't exactly that he is innocent, he isn't.  Not all those people are lying.  And Mulvaney didn't lie when he admitted quid pro quo.  He thinks he can do as he pleases and he gives them the fuel for the fire.  He likes it, and it gives him his comedy act for the rally shows.  Trump is enjoying every minute of this, and he is gambling that nothing is going to happen.  It probably isn't. 

This is Trumps style.  Its how he managed his business too.  He loves to go to court and relishes in a good fight.  It is who Trump is.  Don't feel sorry for him because he believes its his winning strategy.

And Mr. President no, Newsweek is not out of business.

@Chosen Daughter

What, precisely, are you saying the President is guilty of? Please cite the specific statute if you would.

Further, can you cite any NON hearsay evidence to support your belief in his guilt...keeping in mind, of course....that we've all read the transcripts of the call and there is absolutely nothing remotely criminal within it.

Finally, spare us all by not posting a link to some left wing diatribe...in your own words, please.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:46:24 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

What, precisely, are you saying the President is guilty of? Please cite the specific statute if you would.

Further, can you cite any NON hearsay evidence to support your belief in his guilt...keeping in mind, of course....that we've all read the transcripts of the call and there is absolutely nothing remotely criminal within it.

Finally, spare us all by not posting a link to some left wing diatribe...in your own words, please.

Mulvaney admitted Quid pro Quo.   I can't tell you if its impeachable.

As for witch hunt many politicians have used it even Hillary. 

Offline Mesaclone

All of foreign policy is a quid pro quo. Getting a foreign country to investigate corruption which impacted our previous election is a particularly altruistic use of quid pro quo. Which US statute do you believe lays out "quid pro quo" as a violation of the law?

Sometimes a witch hunt is a witch hunt, and pursuing a President in this manner without any evidence of an actual crime is nearly the definition of such a hunt.

Again, what law has been broken? Please cite the statute...or are you just going with CNN talking points?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:22:59 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't feel a need to defend the President when I hear him being denigrated by other Americans, so I'm unsure of the dynamics of the Trump voters, and I'm no psychiatrist, but off the top of my head maybe feelings of exhaustion, and possibly holding out hope that President Trump will stop hurting us, allow some of them to give up pride in their own worth, and critical observations.  Rally chanting is easier and builds a sense of belonging.

I agree with Sen Graham that our President is more than worthy of Salem witch trial justice.  If he will lay submerged in the Troft of Justice for just 10 minutes, without being rejected by its righteously accepting baptismal waters, I will admit I was wrong about him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Buying a loaf of bread involves quid pro quo.

My 2 yr. FIOS contract is a quid pro quo.

At this late date, you should look inward @Chosen Daughter

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Buying a loaf of bread involves quid pro quo.

My 2 yr. FIOS contract is a quid pro quo.

At this late date, you should look inward @Chosen Daughter
Tell it to the President.

Offline Chosen Daughter

All of foreign policy is a quid pro quo. Getting a foreign country to investigate corruption which impacted our previous election is a particularly altruistic use of quid pro quo. Which US statute do you believe lays out "quid pro quo" as a violation of the law?

Sometimes a witch hunt is a witch hunt, and pursuing a President in this manner without any evidence of an actual crime is nearly the definition of such a hunt.

Again, what law has been broken? Please cite the statute...or are you just going with CNN talking points?

Well don't argue it with me.  I said I don't know if it is impeachable.  Why lie about it then?  Its about quid pro quo.  The president held Congressionally appropriated Aid in order to get Ukraine to investigate a political rivals son.  If its no big deal then I guess Trump should just admit it and we should all move along to real government business.  But it isn't really that easy is it? 

And the advise is free.  Tell Trump not to call I am not going to answer the phone.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:30:24 am by Chosen Daughter »

rangerrebew

What Was Fairer Than the Trump Impeachment Process? Try the Salem Witch Trials
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 02:59:34 pm »
What Was Fairer Than the Trump Impeachment Process? Try the Salem Witch Trials
Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina bluntly framed the issue this week

By David Kamioner
November 29, 2019

Referring to the biased Democratic impeachment process against President Donald Trump to date, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had a message for many Americans.

He tweeted out on Wednesday, “Salem witches got a better deal than this!”

Graham went on to claim that the Democrat impeachment effort lacks due process.

The GOP senator has been a staunch supporter of the president on most issues since even before the impeachment efforts began.

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/11/what-was-fairer-than-the-trump-impeachment-process-try-the-salem-witch-trials/?utm_source=home-special-contributors

Offline Mesaclone

Well don't argue it with me.  I said I don't know if it is impeachable.  Why lie about it then?  Its about quid pro quo.  The president held Congressionally appropriated Aid in order to get Ukraine to investigate a political rivals son.  If its no big deal then I guess Trump should just admit it and we should all move along to real government business.  But it isn't really that easy is it? 

And the advise is free.  Tell Trump not to call I am not going to answer the phone.

No. In stating a CNN talking point as bolded above, you further a lie that is intended to prevent the United States from looking into Ukrainian meddling in our 2016 election...meddling that was part of a broader tampering inclusive of the FBI, CIA and the the Obama White House.

In doing this, you expose yourself as ignorant of the facts, malleable to those who have turned government into a deep state weapon to support the Left and the bureaucracy, and unwilling to use independent thought to reach intellectually honest conclusions...in other words, your TDS is showing.

The President slowed down delivery of aid to get Ukraine to investigate corruption from the 2016 elections which happens to include the fact that the VP at the time forced...via a threat of withholding billions of dollars...Ukraine to fire its AG who was investigating the VP's son's involvement in a company that was paying that son $83000 a month for access to the White House and to other American instruments of governance.

Joe Biden being a candidate in 2020 does not grant him immunity for his corrupt actions in 2016 in Ukraine...and while corruption in Ukraine GENERALLY was the focus of the President...Biden being part of the corruption is the fault of Biden, not President Trump.

What's most interesting, however, is that...much like an Adam Schiff...you STILL cannot cite any law that has been violated. Nor have you provided an iota of evidence that the President did anything other than slow aid to Ukraine in an effort to get it to investigate its corruption and involvement in our own 2016 election process. Very telling

Offline Chosen Daughter

No. In stating a CNN talking point as bolded above, you further a lie that is intended to prevent the United States from looking into Ukrainian meddling in our 2016 election...meddling that was part of a broader tampering inclusive of the FBI, CIA and the the Obama White House.

In doing this, you expose yourself as ignorant of the facts, malleable to those who have turned government into a deep state weapon to support the Left and the bureaucracy, and unwilling to use independent thought to reach intellectually honest conclusions...in other words, your TDS is showing.

The President slowed down delivery of aid to get Ukraine to investigate corruption from the 2016 elections which happens to include the fact that the VP at the time forced...via a threat of withholding billions of dollars...Ukraine to fire its AG who was investigating the VP's son's involvement in a company that was paying that son $83000 a month for access to the White House and to other American instruments of governance.

Joe Biden being a candidate in 2020 does not grant him immunity for his corrupt actions in 2016 in Ukraine...and while corruption in Ukraine GENERALLY was the focus of the President...Biden being part of the corruption is the fault of Biden, not President Trump.

What's most interesting, however, is that...much like an Adam Schiff...you STILL cannot cite any law that has been violated. Nor have you provided an iota of evidence that the President did anything other than slow aid to Ukraine in an effort to get it to investigate its corruption and involvement in our own 2016 election process. Very telling

What is telling is that people Trump appointed have testified against him.  Others have refused.  We will see what happens in the Senate.  And the way Trump handles the situation says guilt.  Otherwise trust in your officials you appointed.  Tell the truth and get back to work.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What is telling is that people Trump appointed have testified against him.  Others have refused.  We will see what happens in the Senate.  And the way Trump handles the situation says guilt.  Otherwise trust in your officials you appointed.  Tell the truth and get back to work.

What's telling is all the witnesses, including the ones "against him," admitted under cross-exam they directly heard nothing that could be construed as "bribery" and "impeachable."  Of course, one would have to have read down the transcript a bit to see what Republicans asked, and go beyond the news accounts of their opening statements.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Doesn't matter if his own mother testified against him offering her opinions and relaying hearsay...which is all that we've seen thus far. Opinions and hearsay are not evidence, nor will they be admissible in a trial in the Senate.

Guilt would require a crime. Still waiting for you to define what that crime might be. Well?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

From my understanding there are billions (with a B) of dollars missing, he asked the Ukraine to look into it.  It would logically seem to me, that if $$ was misappropriated or missing it would be irresponsible to give more $$, would it not?  If the Bidens were indeed part of the corruption, that corruption needs to be exposed, especially since Daddy Biden wants to be seated in the oval office. That doesn't necessarily equate to Quid Pro Quo, but perhaps a President acting responsibly.

I always keep in mind that very few people from the past administration have been held accountable and things that have have done are being exposed.  In order to deflect, they point the blame at the current administration.  That is how they operate.

Anyway you look at this @Chosen Daughter it is very difficult to deny that the left is out to oust Trump. In fact, let's take a look at their accusations of Russian collusion.  After several long years; no proof that Trump colluded with Russia.  What was revealed is the left's involvement and cover ups.  Interesting don't you think that the left pointed fingers, yet they were the ones with their hands in the cookie jar? 

It sure seems to me that the left is pointing fingers once again to divert attention away from one of their own; in this case it happens to be Biden & son.

Do you honestly believe that he enjoys the false accusations?  Looking at him and listening to him IMHO, all this mudslinging that he's experience since day one, is wearing on him.  He is not a young man, and I fear for is health and even his safety.

Prayers up for our President and this country.  He IS what's standing between us and the socialists running.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

From my understanding there are billions (with a B) of dollars missing, he asked the Ukraine to look into it.  It would logically seem to me, that if $$ was misappropriated or missing it would be irresponsible to give more $$, would it not?  If the Bidens were indeed part of the corruption, that corruption needs to be exposed, especially since Daddy Biden wants to be seated in the oval office. That doesn't necessarily equate to Quid Pro Quo, but perhaps a President acting responsibly.

I always keep in mind that very few people from the past administration have been held accountable and things that have have done are being exposed.  In order to deflect, they point the blame at the current administration.  That is how they operate.

Anyway you look at this @Chosen Daughter it is very difficult to deny that the left is out to oust Trump. In fact, let's take a look at their accusations of Russian collusion.  After several long years; no proof that Trump colluded with Russia.  What was revealed is the left's involvement and cover ups.  Interesting don't you think that the left pointed fingers, yet they were the ones with their hands in the cookie jar? 

It sure seems to me that the left is pointing fingers once again to divert attention away from one of their own; in this case it happens to be Biden & son.

Do you honestly believe that he enjoys the false accusations?  Looking at him and listening to him IMHO, all this mudslinging that he's experience since day one, is wearing on him.  He is not a young man, and I fear for is health and even his safety.

Prayers up for our President and this country.  He IS what's standing between us and the socialists running.

Do you have a valid link that the US aid was stolen.  If that is the case a massive investigation into Biden and Kerry should be launched immediately. 

I would say go directly to Federal prison.  Or is this another Q story?  What would be the gain for Ukraine to have the aid stolen by Biden and Kerry?

I offer prayers for Trump too.  To be honest and lean on Gods understanding not his own.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I can't help but further comment on this because we are making excuses because we don't want socialism.  Its a good cause and yes we are in a pickle.  But what is the cause?  Trump came in and many of us knew that he was a loose cannon.  He was the candidate to drain the swamp.  Well its pretty swampy.  Perhaps a different swamp, but a swamp none the less.  Listen to yourself.  Same excuse I hear from other people about other administrations have done the same things.  That's all we have, and it doesn't say much for us, or the Republican party.

Trump runs around making messes and someone has to come behind with the pooper scooper.  I know you have said you don't like Rudy.  I don't like Rudy either and I bet Trump is wishing he didn't have that date with Rudy.  Because Rudy is ready to cover his butt.  He says I have an insurance policy. We all know what that means.  Then he says he was kidding.  Who is he kidding?  Who would believe that?  Nobody makes a threat like that just for fun.  He has something.  Others do also.  A book just came out:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=warning+by+anonymous&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&plvar=0&refig=b5f53f2e9edc48c997696d5851eaa675&PC=LCTS&sp=1&ghc=1&qs=AS&pq=warning+by+&sk=PRES1&sc=8-11&cvid=b5f53f2e9edc48c997696d5851eaa675&cc=US&setlang=en-US

How many bone yards can a president leave before its uncovered.  I suspect that there is some good dirt in that book.  And Trump is going to have to have that pooper scooper following closely for cleanup and denial.  How many people will come forward and have their careers ruined before people question whether there is really something there?  What other president enjoyed such respect from those who worked for them?

This person under indictment.  Another with an insurance policy.  One that slipped something in a news conference that they shouldn't have.  Someone who advised to hire another who isn't loyal enough.  What is the definition of swamp if it isn't working so hard to cover up the political mess that Trump is?

As for praying for the president I do.  But as a Christian that means praying for God led leadership.   I fully am aware that the possibility of liberals who want socialism is at the door.  But who is responsible for Congress falling to Democrats?  Shouldn't have happened.  If the president and the Republicans had done their jobs it wouldn't have.  And we can pretend that we are not in danger of Presidency, House and Senate falling to the extreme left.  On the presidents watch.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How many bone yards can a president leave before its uncovered. 

If only Obama and his pals would cooperate we could answer this question quickly @Chosen Daughter and move on.  But, they're fighting the good guys tooth and nail so it's going to get uglier before you see your unicorns and rainbows again.

Offline corbe

@Chosen Daughter Glenn Beck did a pretty good chalkboard on the Ukraine stuff a month ago, rather long (2 hours), but very informative.  In his final analysis the $$$Billions of US aid were stolen and the dems were neck deep in the theft.

Ukraine: The Democrats' Russia

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

You gave me a Poll idea ~ IF Rudy is indicted will he roll on Trump to avoid Cohen's fate?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
All of foreign policy is a quid pro quo.

I think that has been lost on a lot of folks.  Although you'd think that Biden bragging publicly about an explicit quid pro quo would have been a sufficient reminder of that.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm sorry, but no.  He isn't being burned at the stake.

The similarity is not in the punishment imposed, but rather in the complete lack of fairness in the process, which was deliberately designed to reach a pre-determined result, and to suppress any evidence to the contrary.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The similarity is not in the punishment imposed, but rather in the complete lack of fairness in the process, which was deliberately designed to reach a pre-determined result, and to suppress any evidence to the contrary.

People who want Trump gone "by any means necessary" are thrilled with the procedure being used by Pelosi's House.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter Glenn Beck did a pretty good chalkboard on the Ukraine stuff a month ago, rather long (2 hours), but very informative.  In his final analysis the $$$Billions of US aid were stolen and the dems were neck deep in the theft.

Ukraine: The Democrats' Russia

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

You gave me a Poll idea ~ IF Rudy is indicted will he roll on Trump to avoid Cohen's fate?

I don't think I have time to watch that tonight (Seahawks) , but I will.   I haven't watched Glen Beck for quite some time.  But why hasn't any of the other Conservative News sites covered this?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:03:42 am by Chosen Daughter »