Author Topic: Most Americans think US military should ‘defend freedom abroad,’ survey says  (Read 265 times)

rangerrebew

Most Americans think US military should ‘defend freedom abroad,’ survey says
By: Meghann Myers   1 day ago

Three out of four Americans believe that U.S. troops should intervene overseas when freedom is threatened or human rights abuses are apparent in other countries, according to a survey released Tuesday.

More than 1,000 U.S. adults responded to the second annual national defense survey conducted by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute. Most of them believe the U.S. should have a more active foreign policy, and be more engaged in international affairs.

“Although pollsters have long noted the existence of isolationist sentiment in the U.S., the pervasiveness of this perspective is debatable. Here we find it to be very much in the minority,” according to the survey’s executive summary.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/11/26/most-americans-think-us-military-should-defend-freedom-abroad-survey-says/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Its a global world.  Even though we have borders they are not secure.  If we don't defend freedom abroad we surely will loose it at home. 

We saw it on 9/11.  We see people trying to escape from crime and violence on our Southern border every day, hour and minute.  They are coming here and bringing it with them.

I applaud Trump for designating Cartel terrorist.  I hope this will enable us to take action against the dangerous Cartel business that has taken over our cities and Mexico.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:38:24 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

While I do think we should 'defend freedom abroad', IMHO, it will all be for naught if we don't secure our own borders first!!  We have all kinds of people coming across from over 30 different countries.  How many are terrorists?  How many are forming 'sleeper cells' just waiting for the opportune time to strike? 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.