Author Topic: Lawmakers tee up vote on compromise bill targeting robocalls  (Read 427 times)

Offline corbe

Lawmakers tee up vote on compromise bill targeting robocalls
« on: November 27, 2019, 07:44:21 pm »
Lawmakers tee up vote on compromise bill targeting robocalls

By Emily Birnbaum - 11/27/19 02:22 PM EST

The House is likely to vote an anti-robocall bill with backing in both chambers as soon as next week, increasing the likelihood that legislation cracking down on the scourge of robocalls in the U.S. will reach President Trump's desk before the end of the year.

House and Senate lawmakers released the text of the compromise bill on Wednesday, showcasing the result of months of negotiations to smooth out different versions of the legislation in both chambers. The Pallone-Thune TRACED Act, named after its sponsors in the House and Senate, Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.) and Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), is likely to pass easily next week.

“I am proud to have worked with my House and Senate colleagues on a strong, bipartisan anti-robocall bill that I believe can be signed into law," said Pallone, the chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, in a statement. "This legislation is the product of months of good-faith negotiations between the House and Senate, and will go a long way towards combatting both scam and spam calls."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/472301-house-senate-lawmakers-tee-up-vote-on-anti-robocall-bill
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Lawmakers tee up vote on compromise bill targeting robocalls
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 07:45:08 pm »
   Political Robocalls will be exempt from this bill, no doubt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 07:53:50 pm »

Wish they'd target 99% of their efforts toward the rag heads from the Window's support team.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:55:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:13:01 pm »

And political pollsters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:06:45 pm »
I dread next year.  8888crybaby  My darn phone will ring non-stop. Mostly political. If I don't answer, please don't be offended 9999hair out0000 I'm probably in the shower...all day. :laugh:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 09:08:47 pm »
A "compromise bill,"  That means the bill won't do jack to get rid of those calls. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 09:13:32 pm »
A "compromise bill,"  That means the bill won't do jack to get rid of those calls.

That what they call it when one side got paid off.  Someone was compromised.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 10:27:53 pm »
Right now the National Do Not Call Registry exempts political and charity calls. I detest the BS political and charity calls........and now texts too! You know they will continue to exempt them so they can tell us how wonderful they are and how we should vote..........like good little automatons.