Author Topic: Report: Millennials Want to Ban Popular Christmas Game Because it ‘Gives Them Anxiety’  (Read 630 times)

rangerrebew

Report: Millennials Want to Ban Popular Christmas Game Because it ‘Gives Them Anxiety’
Keely Sharp
November 25, 2019

Leave it to Millennials to take a good thing and mess it all up! I am truly embarrassed to fall into the same generational category as these snowflakes!

Daily Wire reported that Millennials want to ban the popular Christmas game known as “Secret Santa” according to a new study done by the job-hunting website, Jobsite. They claim that the game is “stressful” and induces anxiety.

“Secret Santa” is, of course, a regular practice among work colleagues during the holidays. It’s often preferred to other practices because organizers can limit the budget spent on gifts, and it doesn’t align with any specific religious holiday, so it doesn’t leave anyone out of the loop (though, of course, jolly ol’ St. Nick is identified with Christmas).

https://dailypoliticalnewswire.com/report-millennials-want-to-ban-popular-christmas-game-because-it-gives-them-anxiety/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You would think they would embrace the practice. After all it is really just an extension of the "Participation Trophy" only for the workplace.  Just show up and get a gift!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

What doesn't give millennials anxiety?  Inquiring minds want to know.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You would think they would embrace the practice. After all it is really just an extension of the "Participation Trophy" only for the workplace.  Just show up and get a gift!

Exactly!  Free shit is free shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LottieDah

Secret Santa gives them "anxiety"?  A little spiked egg nog ought to soothe those jangled nerves.

Offline berdie

I thought for sure this would have to do with the game where people stole presents from one another. (We always had a blast at this at work until people started taking it seriously)

But Secret Santa? Come on guys and man up...you can do it!!

Offline Applewood

What doesn't give millennials anxiety?  Inquiring minds want to know.  :shrug:

Indeed.  Seems to me this generation, as a whole, is compromised of  way too many delicate snowflakes.  A number of exceptions, of course, but I wonder what a lot of these kids would do in really hard, calamitous times.    If they get all upset over Secret Santa, how would they survive a natural disaster, for example?  I'll bet most of them wouldn't.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Exactly!  Free shit is free shit.

Brendan Stephens currently lives at home with his boomer parents as he’s busy “discovering himself.” “I can’t be left on my own like this. I need constant support to achieve anything,” Stephens continued. “I mean, I’m thirty-seven; I'm not old."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dancer

Brendan Stephens currently lives at home with his boomer parents as he’s busy “discovering himself.” “I can’t be left on my own like this. I need constant support to achieve anything,” Stephens continued. “I mean, I’m thirty-seven; I'm not old."

Ah.  Another Bernie.  SMH