Author Topic: Why does Mexican President Lopez Obrador support the cartels so much?  (Read 184 times)

Online corbe

Why does Mexican President Lopez Obrador support the cartels so much?

Published 12 hours ago on November 27, 2019   

By Chastity Mansfield ï‚™

It isn’t often that I delve into conspiracy theories or make wild accusations against world leaders. But there has been something odd about Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador since before he took office. His pathway to the presidency was unconventional and his policies didn’t seem to align with the people, but he won easily and has ruled without many internal challenges ever since. What (or who) is keeping him protected?

Before I offer a possible explanation, let’s look at a couple of things that have happened since he took over. First and foremost, he has been very successful at mitigating the flow of migrants to our southern border. We owe him a debt of gratitude as illegal border crossings have been greatly reduced since he agreed to a deal with President Trump to use military and police to keep migrants from even making it to our southern border. He has kept his end of the bargain and as a result, President Trump has not slapped debilitating sanctions on our neighbors.

These second thing that has happened isn’t as positive. After the heinous murders of American citizens in Mexico by drug cartels, President Trump offered to send in our military to clean up the cartels once and for all. The response wasn’t a polite, “Thanks, but no thanks,” or “We’ll handle it for now and we’ll call you if we need help,” standard responses from an ally offered military assistance for domestic problems. Instead, his response was adamant and prickly. It didn’t fit the situation. Our people were murdered as a result of Mexico’s failures for three decades to get a handle on the problem. It’s natural for us to want to come in and end the violence since it affects us as well.

But the real kicker to all of this was the refusal by Lopez Obrador to allow President Trump to declare the cartels as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO). They are. There is little doubt that this is the case and it’s shocking that it has never been done in the past. Lopez Obrador’s response was clear.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/11/27/mexican-president-lopez-obrador-support-cartels-much/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

Re: Why does Mexican President Lopez Obrador support the cartels so much?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:25:39 pm »
I think his support springs from fear and large amounts of kickbacks. But what do I know?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why does Mexican President Lopez Obrador support the cartels so much?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 12:53:11 am »
He wants to stay alive.