Author Topic: A Mexican drug kingpin you've never heard of is infiltrating small-town America  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

A Mexican drug kingpin you've never heard of is infiltrating small-town America
By Julia Musto | Fox News

Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes's drug cartel empire is devastating small-town families across the country. Former DEA Agent Edward Follis explains.

Ruben "Nemesio" Oseguera Cervantes, known as "El Mencho," has flipped the world of drug trafficking on its head, according to former U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agent Edward Follis.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" on Tuesday, Follis said the Mexican drug kingpin's distribution models and renewed tactics are what makes him so deadly and his reach so extensive. They're also why small-town America is being devastated.

According to a nine-month investigation by Louisville Courier-Journal, El Mencho is infiltrating cities and towns across America and has a presence in at least 35 states.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mexican-drug-kingpin-infiltrating-small-town-america

Not relevant to Immigration, moving to a more appropriate forum - PeteS in CA
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:51:39 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline thackney

https://www.dea.gov/fugitives/nemesio-oseguera-cervantes
Reward: $10,000,000
AKA
El Mencho

Height   5' 7"
Weight   150
Hair Color   Black
Eye Color   Brown
Year of Birth   1966
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"El Mencho" is well- known to many, at least those who follow the scene.

His cartel hails out of Jalisco which is where Guadalajara is.

It is hard to judge, when the USA outs big bounties on these people's heads, I am surprised they last. You'd think someone would take him down.

Yes, I guess he is brutal, what cartel leader would not be?

Top dog now, I think he spent time in a California prison for auto-theft, I am sure the article says that.

I will say one thing, he is suppose to be very reclusive, anti-social.

Offline TomSea

El Chapo's Sinaloa cartel was tops, it got beaten back.   Also, the cartels can have alliances with each other. Zetas helped out the losing Juarez cartel against Sinaloa, things like that. Noe, apparently, things have evened out.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The USA ought to regard these cartel leaders as the Israelis regard militant terrorist leaders (the Israelis send Mossad after them).

We should act in a similar manner. Just make them... disappear.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I have feared this for at least a decade. They will slowly turn this country into Mexico.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

How a Mississippi trooper almost took down the world’s most powerful cartel boss
Beth Warren, Louisville Courier Journal

How we reported this story

Throughout 2019, Courier Journal reporters analyzed thousands of court records and transcripts of more than 100 CJNG-linked cases around the country and talked to more than 150 federal drug agents, police officers, defense attorneys and prosecutors, as well as relatives, co-workers and neighbors of those accused. The team traveled to 15 cities across the United States and to Mexico City and Guadalajara. Reporters also reached out to more than two dozen alleged cartel members or associates.

“They thought of Mississippi as farms, farmland and Barney Fife deputies,” Gazzo said after his monthslong investigation into cartel members and associates. 

But this Southern lawman exposed a complex drug network that brought drugs from Mexico and California into the Gulf Coast. He also discovered a drug trafficker’s plans to establish a cartel cell in Mobile, Alabama.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/how-a-mississippi-trooper-almost-took-down-the-world-e2-80-99s-most-powerful-cartel-boss/ar-BBXh8Pw

Also, in reporting this, they reached out to "Cartel associates", well, if they were behind bars, I don't mind. Loaded phrase.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:36:29 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

I'll just post this one on too:

EL MENCHO'S AMERICAN EMPIRE
How this couple ran a ‘redneck’ meth empire in an Appalachian county ravaged by addiction
Kala Kachmar, Louisville Courier Journal
Updated 3:02 p.m. CST Nov. 25, 2019

HICKORY, N.C. — Roger Dale Franklin and Lisa Dawn Wentworth got tired of waiting on the dope man.

What Lisa Dawn didn’t know was that her boyfriend’s connections were deeply rooted in one of the most dangerous drug cartels in the world — a rising power that has saturated the U.S. with ultra-pure methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin and fentanyl from California and Alaska to Mississippi and Virginia.

Less than a decade old, Mexico’s Cártel Jalisco Nueva Generación, better known as CJNG, has fought its way to take its place among the world’s largest drug networks, led by its ruthless but disciplined leader, Ruben Oseguera Cervantes, better known as "El Mencho."

Read more at: https://www.tennessean.com/in-depth/news/crime/2019/11/24/cartel-drugs-addiction-duo-ran-redneck-meth-empire-appalachia/4087610002/

For some reason, he's getting a lot of attention now.

Interactive map:

https://content-static.courier-journal.com/embeds/cartel-big-wall/index.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:59:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline dancer

https://www.dea.gov/fugitives/nemesio-oseguera-cervantes
Reward: $10,000,000
AKA
El Mencho

Height   5' 7"
Weight   150
Hair Color   Black
Eye Color   Brown