Author Topic: Retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite Tapped to be Next SECNAV  (Read 190 times)

rangerrebew

Retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite Tapped to be Next SECNAV
« on: November 26, 2019, 01:08:40 pm »
Retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite Tapped to be Next SECNAV
By: Ben Werner
November 25, 2019 9:20 PM

THE PENTAGON – President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite, the current U.S. ambassador to Norway, to be the next secretary of the Navy.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper suggested Trump consider Braithwaite, a 1984 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, to become the secretary of the Navy after asking Richard V. Spencer to resign from the post.

“Kenneth Braithwaite is somebody I’ve known for quite some time. I think he’d be very capable. It’s my recommendation to the president,” Esper said during a Monday morning press briefing at the Pentagon.

https://news.usni.org/2019/11/25/retired-rear-adm-kenneth-braithwaite-tapped-to-be-next-secnav

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite Tapped to be Next SECNAV
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 02:24:55 am »
Trump’s pick to lead US Navy is a combat veteran and former city councilman

American Military News by  Julia Terruso November 26, 2019

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/11/trumps-pick-to-lead-us-navy-is-a-combat-veteran-and-former-city-councilman/

President Donald Trump’s latest nominee to lead the U.S. Navy has deep Philadelphia ties: Kenneth Braithwaite was a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania, once served as a Ridley Park Councilman and worked at the Philadelphia Naval Base.

Trump announced early Monday that he was nominating Braithwaite, a retired rear admiral and the current ambassador to Norway, to replace the ousted Richard Spencer.

Braithwaite graduated from the Naval Academy in 1984 and served as a naval aviator in Hawaii, where he flew antisubmarine missions in the Western Pacific and Indian Oceans. Originally from Michigan, Braithwaite worked as chief public affairs officer at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia in 1990 and got a Master’s degree in government administration from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995.

More at link.