Author Topic: Vietnamese Facebook User Arrested on ‘Anti-State’ Charges After Six Months on the Run  (Read 302 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Vietnamese Facebook User Arrested on ‘Anti-State’ Charges After Six Months on the Run
2019-11-22

Phan Cong Hai is shown holding a sign criticizing government handling of the 2016 Formosa toxic waste spill in an undated photo.
Facebook / Nguoi Viet Xau Xi

Authorities in Vietnam’s coastal Ha Tinh province arrested a Facebook user this week for “spreading information against the state” amid a continuing crackdown on freedom of expression online in the one-party communist country, according to Vietnamese sources.

Phan Cong Hai, born in 1996, was taken into custody by provincial police on Nov. 17, Hai’s father Phan Cong Binh told RFA by phone from his home in neighboring Nghe An province.

“I was told that he was arrested in Ha Tinh and was then handed over to provincial police here in Nghe An. This is all that I know,” the older man said, adding that Hai’s family has not received an official notice of the arrest, and doesn’t know where to visit him.

Read more at: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/vietnam/charges-11222019154438.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A "one party communist country"?

Is there another kind?

Oh...wait...I didn't count this one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley