Author Topic: Dems could draft 4 articles of impeachment, GOP plans for full Senate trial, sources say  (Read 460 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems could draft 4 articles of impeachment, GOP plans for full Senate trial, sources say

By Gregg Re, Chad Pergram | Fox News

Abuse of power. Bribery. Contempt of Congress. Obstruction of justice.

Those are the four potential articles of impeachment that House Judiciary Committee Democrats could draw up against President Trump as soon as next month, Fox News is told, after all scheduled public hearings before the House Intelligence Committee wrapped up on a testy note Thursday.

At a meeting with top GOP senators and Trump administration officials at the White House on Thursday afternoon, Fox News is told there was a consensus that should Trump be impeached by the House, the GOP-controlled Senate should hold a trial rather than tabling the issue.

Reports have surfaced that Republicans were considering even holding a long trial to disrupt the 2020 presidential primaries. Several Democrats seeking to unseat Trump -- including Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders -- are senators who would need to divert at least some of their campaigning time toward a potential trial.

"I think most everybody agreed there's not 51 votes to dismiss it before the managers get to call their case," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told Fox News after huddling with other top Republican senators and White House officials. "The idea you would dismiss the trial before they presented the cases is a non-starter. You're not going to get a motion to dismiss."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/impeachment-articles-senate-trial-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Reports have surfaced that Republicans were considering even holding a long trial to disrupt the 2020 presidential primaries. Several Democrats seeking to unseat Trump -- including Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders -- are senators who would need to divert at least some of their campaigning time toward a potential trial.

That's OK.  Biden is going to be the nominee.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's OK.  Biden is going to be the nominee.
Doubt it.
Biden stepped on his dick last debate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

Bring it, Bitches!

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
Good. Then maybe they can question Schiff about his ties to the "whistleblower."
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Doubt it.
Biden stepped on his dick last debate.
240B
I was so busy watching and re-watching the impeachment hearing, while losing at No Nut November, I didn't even know the rats scheduled a debate.  That's a pretty dumb TV planning strategy if you ask me.  Whoever is in charge of rat scheduling should be reprimanded.

Good. Then maybe they can question Schiff about his ties to the "whistleblower."
In the Senate?  I'm not too sure the GOP in the Senate are the same staunch defenders of President Trump that you find in the House.  My guess is they will want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Offline pjcomix

In the Senate?  I'm not too sure the GOP in the Senate are the same staunch defenders of President Trump that you find in the House.  My guess is they will want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

There are plenty of Trump defenders in the Senate. John Kennedy, Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, Josh Hawley, Graham, Marsha Blackburn, etc....

Offline pjcomix

There are plenty of Trump defenders in the Senate. John Kennedy, Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, Josh Hawley, Graham, Marsha Blackburn, etc....
@pjcomix
Yeah?  I don't see that many, but I see though my own lenses of desire.

I wonder why are they not forming committees to investigate Hillary, Biden, Stroik and Page, Comey, Ukraine, crowd-strike, FISA judges, and the Steele Dossier?  They've got to be able to pick out some better witnesses than the House GOP, who called on Kurt Volker, Timothy Morrison, and Gordon Sondland.  Couldn't the Senate be investigating that stuff now?  Because as long as the rats run the House they are not going to look into it.  They call it wacko conspiracy theory.

Addendum  https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/21/graham-ukraine-state-department-biden-072692  I see Graham is investigating Biden as of a few hours ago.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:04:53 am by Once-Ler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I still find it  hard to believe that the Dims are going to continue with this farce. I understand they feel like they have no choice because all THEY have are lame-ass candidates,but they are only going to look even worse after losing the impeachment.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

I still find it  hard to believe that the Dims are going to continue with this farce. I understand they feel like they have no choice because all THEY have are lame-ass candidates,but they are only going to look even worse after losing the impeachment.
@sneakypete
When you write "losing the impeachment," you mean the House will impeach President Trump and he will enter the history books as the 3rd President ever impeached and the first one impeached in his first term right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
When you write "losing the impeachment," you mean the House will impeach President Trump and he will enter the history books as the 3rd President ever impeached and the first one impeached in his first term right?

@Once-Ler

Uhhhhh,no. He is not going to be impeached.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline pjcomix

It could be that Trump and the Senate Republicans are calling the Democrats' bluff. IOW, perhaps they were HOPING that the Senate would vote to dismiss the charges at the outset and then they could cry "coverup" but instead they are facing a Senate trial in which SIX of the Dem presidential candidates who are Senators will be FORCED to sit as jurors six days a week for weeks thus taking them off the campaign trail at a very critical period. Also the Democrats face the prospect of the Senate Republicans calling their own witnesses such as the phony second-hand "whistleblower" which is something they don't want.