Author Topic: Senate approves stopgap bill to prevent shutdown  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate approves stopgap bill to prevent shutdown
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »
Senate approves stopgap bill to prevent shutdown
By Jordain Carney - 11/21/19 12:58 PM EST

The Senate passed a stopgap bill to prevent a government shutdown set to begin on Friday, sending the bill to President Trump hours ahead of the deadline.

Senators voted 74-20 on the continuing resolution (CR) that would fund the government through Dec. 20.

In addition to funding the government the stopgap bill also provides funding for U.S. census efforts, a 3.1 percent military pay raise and extents controversial surveillance programs from mid-December to March.

The Senate’s vote capped off 24 hours of behind-the-scenes haggling over how the chamber would pass the stopgap spending package that drove Congress’s passage of the CR down to the wire.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/471317-senate-approves-stopgap-bill-to-prevent-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Senate approves stopgap bill to prevent shutdown
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:25:16 pm »
Oh boy!  More spending.  Well, this time they have an excuse.  Too busy with impeachment to put together a real budget.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senate approves stopgap bill to prevent shutdown
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:19:04 am »
I doubt I'll live to see Congress pass another "budget" on schedule.
Balanced... or not.

That process has been destroyed by the continuing and increasing division in the country and the Congress. I doubt it will be restored in our time.