Author Topic: Sorry, Michelle Malkin, a 'little brown woman' can still be racist  (Read 281 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sorry, Michelle Malkin, a 'little brown woman' can still be racist
by Brad Polumbo  | November 18, 2019 05:05 PM

Can a self-described “little brown woman” be a white nationalist? It's understandable to instinctively think, of course not.

But it's not such an easy question. In light of Michelle Malkin's recent antics, it seems she is, at the very least, sympathetic to white nationalism. Malkin is just as bad as those reprehensible alt-right actors who openly peddle white nationalism, despite the way she embraces classic leftist tactics and uses her racial identity to shield her from critics. Consider the reply she uses to accusations of racism: "Do I look like a white nationalist?"

Yet her ethnicity and skin tone aside, Malkin's views and actions support racism. Take Malkin’s recent defense of openly anti-Semitic, homophobic, and racist alt-right commentator Nicholas Fuentes. She called him a “New Right Leader” and blasted conservative pundit Ben Shapiro for condemning the anti-Semite. Watch for yourself.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/sorry-michelle-malkin-a-little-brown-woman-can-still-be-racist

I heard about this little kerfuffle with Michelle Malkin who I generally like a lot and she was defending herself yet, still, on twitter. Something came through. So, she certainly appears very wrong in this. I don't think anything has been posted in-forum yet, on this situation she seems to be in.  You might check her twitter too. She is a tough woman who sticks up for herself.  Lots of articles on this. Now, I'm not sure what is all right and wrong, you know, because she's usually right and makes the right judgements.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sorry, Michelle Malkin, a 'little brown woman' can still be racist
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:39 am »
Fuentes tries to make trouble, and succeeds. Best to entirely steer clear of him.

Donald Trump Jr. had the sense to do so, Ben Shapiro and Michelle Malkn might well do likewise.

Like crackpot 3rd partyvanity candidates, they divide. And in doing,, sometimes mess things up for good people.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 05:39:16 am »
Fuentes tries to make trouble, and succeeds. Best to entirely steer clear of him.

Donald Trump Jr. had the sense to do so, Ben Shapiro and Michelle Malkn might well do likewise.

Like crackpot 3rd partyvanity candidates, they divide. And in doing,, sometimes mess things up for good people.

Agreed.

The author though is pretty ignorant in insinuating that Malkin is somehow hypocritical or ironic in defending FDR locking up the Japanese in WW2 because she's "asian". Most asians hated the Japanese in WW2, especially Filipinos (which I believe Malkin is one).

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:21:36 am »
Two factions of Trumpism, neither for the most part have their moral bearings close to where I would want them (Christ centered). Big Tent meets smaller tent (with yes, a racists root or two). It is another place I would write-in someone rather than vote either of them. I do like that some Nicholas Fuentes folks are holding the establishment's feet to the fire over some of their wishy-washy positions on issues like gay marriage and homosexuality. But I can't listen to more than 5 minutes of Nicholas Fuentes without wanting to spew. How can someone get it so right on some issues and just totally blow it on others? Opps I already answered how... it's focus is not on what they claim it to be.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:23:06 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 05:21:12 pm »
I heard about this little kerfuffle with Michelle Malkin who I generally like a lot and she was defending herself yet, still, on twitter. Something came through. So, she certainly appears very wrong in this. I don't think anything has been posted in-forum yet, on this situation she seems to be in.  You might check her twitter too. She is a tough woman who sticks up for herself.  Lots of articles on this. Now, I'm not sure what is all right and wrong, you know, because she's usually right and makes the right judgements.

I think Malkin was absolutely right, and her point was misrepresented by the article.  The headline says "a little brown woman can be a racist", which is obviously true.  But she didn't use her ethnicity to refute the idea that she was a racist, she used her ethnicity to refute the idea that she was a white nationalist, which is something else entirely.  A black guy can certainly be a racist, but to accuse a black guy of being a "white nationalist" is something that would be openly mocked the second it was said.

The article is an unfair bit of bait and switch rhetoric.