Author Topic: Has the U.S. Navy Created Its Ultimate Weapon?  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

Has the U.S. Navy Created Its Ultimate Weapon?
« on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:12 pm »
November 17, 2019

Has the U.S. Navy Created Its Ultimate Weapon?

The future of amphibious assaults lies with drones and unmanned vehicles guided by the "Mother Ship."
by Kris Osborn

Key Point: The Navy's new technology based strategy will save many servicemen's lives.

The future of amphibious attack may consist of thousands of disaggregated manned and unmanned surveillance boats, armor-carrying connectors, minesweepers and small attack vessels operating in tandem as the Navy and Marine Corps refine a new strategic approach and continue their pivot toward a new, great-power threat environment.

The concept is to configure a dispersed, yet “networked” fleet of next-generation connectors and other smaller boats launched from big-deck amphib “mother ships.” The larger host ships are intended to operate in a command and control capacity while bringing sensors, long-range fires and 5th-generation air support to the fight.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/has-us-navy-created-its-ultimate-weapon-96586

Offline thackney

Re: Has the U.S. Navy Created Its Ultimate Weapon?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:46:45 pm »
Can you imagine the "hacking" possibilities?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:41:20 pm »
Can you imagine the "hacking" possibilities?
That's just it. But even just being able to hack the IFF codes could cause mayhem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:00:24 pm »
Robot Wars never end. Because there is never any reason to end them.
Countless Sci-Fi tropes have hit on this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.