Author Topic: Washed Up? Julian Castro Misses Deadline For November Debate  (Read 526 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Washed Up? Julian Castro Misses Deadline For November Debate
« on: November 15, 2019, 10:17:13 pm »
https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2019/11/14/washed-julian-castro-misses-deadline-november-debate/

Washed Up? Julian Castro Misses Deadline For November Debate

The deadline to meet the DNC’s qualifying thresholds for its November debate was Wednesday. Julian Castro failed to meet the polling threshold. This gives Castro a distinction from the other Democrat candidates running for president – he is the only candidate that was on the debate stage in October but won’t be in November.

The writing is on the wall, yet he persists. Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren, and Andrew Yang will all be on the stage when the Democrats debate in Atlanta on November 20. Remember when Castro said that if he didn’t qualify for the November debate that his campaign would be over? Well, ...

Another one bites ...? I doubt he'll be able to keep things going long enough to make it into Iowa.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:18:14 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

Re: Washed Up? Julian Castro Misses Deadline For November Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 10:22:30 pm »
Well, two more passengers got into the clown car, so someone has to get out.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 10:38:21 pm »
I'd say Castro is done. 

Also, those thinking that Hillary is going to 'jump in' to save the day need also to realize that she's missed the debates and the deadline to get onto the ballot is drawing near.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 01:20:34 am »
Washed Up? Julian Castro Misses Deadline For November Debate...

Adios, Castro.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 02:52:31 am »
I'd say Castro is done. 

Also, those thinking that Hillary is going to 'jump in' to save the day need also to realize that she's missed the debates and the deadline to get onto the ballot is drawing near.

@libertybele

Rules don't apply to Bubbette! Never did,never will.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 01:11:18 pm »
Poor guy.  He couldn't even qualify as a has-been so he has to settle for being a never-was.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 03:11:21 pm »
Poor guy.  He couldn't even qualify as a has-been so he has to settle for being a never-was.

He gave it everything he had but just came up short...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 04:00:37 pm »

Maybe he and Bobby the Fauxican could do a 2-week walkabout in New Mexico or a "spiritual retreat in Sedona led by Lena Dunham.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 04:06:32 pm »
Maybe he and Bobby the Fauxican could do a 2-week walkabout in New Mexico or a "spiritual retreat in Sedona led by Lena Dunham.

Put them together in a sweat lodge. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 04:10:26 pm »
Put them together in a sweat lodge.

More fodder for the sweat lodge, eh?  There's always room for one more....

:HappyTday:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
Castro NEVER had a chance.  Again, one more member of the Delusional Party.  And seeing and hearing his brother in these hearings, he hasn't helped his brother any either.

The time has come for a Constitutional Convention to revise many things.

1.  Requirements for POTUS.  Age 35 is unacceptable.I was on a community school board of nine folks, and one guy on the board actually sat there and said a 40 year old was too young to be our Superintendent.  At that moment in time, Clinton was elected POTUS.  I believe he was 46 at the time.  Also, I think clarification of birth requirements needs done.  I don't think anyone should be eligible whose parents were not born in the USA.  Both of them.

2.  Time for a Balanced Budget Amendment.  Mandatory with one exclusion, during time of declared war by Congress.

3.  End the USA footing the bill for most of the world.  Europe and many countries have abused this nation long enough.

4.  Voting - mandatory picture ID for all voters.

5.  End nation building and interference into other nations.  What Bush did in Afghanistan should never happen again.  In
     his book, he mentions that Afghanistan is the finest example of nation building.  Well he gets an F for his efforts.  With
     troops in 140+ countries, time to par that down by 50% +.  There has to be a better defined position of USA
     involvement in other countries.

6.  Immigration - a sound policy that meets the needs of this nation.  Politicians need to develop a policy that is in the best
     interest of the people of the USA.  Presently, the lack of a policy has done nothing but harm USA citizens.

7.  Revamp the role of the judicial branch.  Their power has exceeded the intent of the founders, and they compromise
     the executive branch of government.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 05:52:07 pm »
Castro NEVER had a chance.  Again, one more member of the Delusional Party.  And seeing and hearing his brother in these hearings, he hasn't helped his brother any either.

1.  Requirements for POTUS.  Age 35 is unacceptable.I was on a community school board of nine folks, and one guy on the board actually sat there and said a 40 year old was too young to be our Superintendent.  At that moment in time, Clinton was elected POTUS.  I believe he was 46 at the time.  Also, I think clarification of birth requirements needs done.  I don't think anyone should be eligible whose parents were not born in the USA.  Both of them.

2.  Time for a Balanced Budget Amendment.  Mandatory with one exclusion, during time of declared war by Congress.

3.  End the USA footing the bill for most of the world.  Europe and many countries have abused this nation long enough.

5.  End nation building and interference into other nations.  What Bush did in Afghanistan should never happen again.  In
     his book, he mentions that Afghanistan is the finest example of nation building.  Well he gets an F for his efforts.  With
     troops in 140+ countries, time to par that down by 50% +.  There has to be a better defined position of USA

6.  Immigration - a sound policy that meets the needs of this nation.  Politicians need to develop a policy that is in the best
     interest of the people of the USA.  Presently, the lack of a policy has done nothing but harm USA citizens.

7.  Revamp the role of the judicial branch.  Their power has exceeded the intent of the founders, and they compromise

@jafo2010  :yowsa: I can't find fault with any of that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 06:06:24 pm »
@jafo2010  :yowsa: I can't find fault with any of that.

It leaves out birthright citizenship?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 01:52:53 am »
I completely oppose that notion.  And there are those that argue that the present Constitution does not afford birthright citizenship.  But you are right, it does need clarification. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 02:46:49 am »

I would be even cautious right now in calling for a Convention of States and I believe a Constitutional Convention, especially in this 'liberal climate' could be disastrous. A convention of states calls for amendments. Whereas a Constitutional Convention revamps our system of government and the constitution. 

The time for both has come and gone as state legislatures are becoming increasingly more liberal.  That opportunity was missed a couple of years ago. Sad. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.