Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh Lauds Friends, Fellow Justices In First Speech Since Bitter Confirmation  (Read 739 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Kevin Daley
Supreme Court correspondent
November 14, 2019 10:29 PM ET

Justice Brett Kavanaugh received heroic accolades at a glittering Federalist Society dinner in Washington’s Union Station Thursday, where he delivered his first public remarks since his contentious confirmation to the Supreme Court.

Kavanaugh gave a punchy and light-hearted speech, punctuated in spaces with emotional recollections of his nomination to the high court.

“Last year a lot of my friends put themselves on the line for me,” Kavanaugh said. “People risked their jobs and livelihoods. Some of them lost business. They were yelled at, insulted threatened.”

“I’m on a lifetime mission to thank all my friends,” he said elsewhere, noting many of them were present at Thursday’s gala.

The justice momentarily lost his composure as he recalled the prayers his daughters offered while his nomination was pending. “Matt Damon would have made it through this,” he quipped, in reference to Saturday Night Live’s rendering of his second confirmation hearing.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/14/brett-kavanaugh-fed-society-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

The Justice is a class act. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.