Author Topic: Here’s How Impeachment Helps Democrats Even If They Fail  (Read 175 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s How Impeachment Helps Democrats Even If They Fail
« on: November 15, 2019, 01:53:40 pm »
 Here’s How Impeachment Helps Democrats Even If They Fail
Every minute of every day that we talk about the ‘Ukraine phone call’ and the ridiculous ‘impeachment inquiry’ attached to it, we’re letting Democrats win.

By Hrand Tookman
November 15, 2019

After several years of writing about media bias and identity politics, I realized something pretty big that’s since clouded my every social and political thought. Today’s Democrat Party is a joke that would cease to exist if not for the unwavering support of the massively powerful corporate media.

Long before this revelation, it always amused me when people like Resistance Jake Tapper or others in the media would claim: “We don’t choose the stories. The stories choose us. All we’re doing is reporting what’s going on in the world. That’s our job.”

It amused me because they literally write the headlines. They choose exactly what stories to cover. As has become painfully obvious to anyone with a pulse, they also choose the narratives attached to those stories and how every twist and turn is characterized throughout the 24/7 news cycle.

If you couple those realities — that the media are nothing more than Democrats’ marketing arm, and that they’re responsible for deciding what we talk about and how it’s characterized — it becomes really hard to take “the news” seriously.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/15/heres-how-impeachment-helps-democrats-even-if-they-fail/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Here’s How Impeachment Helps Democrats Even If They Fail
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:26:07 pm »
This is a good point, and highlights the need for a better term than "fake news", which to most people means simple distortion of the facts. Even accurately-reported facts can be part of the deception when heavily over- or under-reported. One obvious example is the frequent front-page headline that, when shown to be wrong, gets a short "correction" buried on page 19. (Unless of course it's the rare case where a dem is inaccurately accused of something - then they get a special Sunday magazine insert and a promise of thorough investigation to make sure it never happens again).
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA