Author Topic: Schiff says impeachment worth it even if Trump is not removed  (Read 408 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff says impeachment worth it even if Trump is not removed
« on: November 13, 2019, 02:12:05 am »
Schiff says impeachment worth it even if Trump is not removed
By Zack Budryk - 11/12/19 06:06 PM EST

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told NPR that the impeachment inquiry would be worth it regardless of whether President Trump is successfully removed from office.

"If [impeachment] deters further presidential misconduct, then it may provide some remedy even in the absence of a conviction in the Senate," Schiff told NPR’s Steve Inskeep in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday.

"I don't think any decision has been made on the ultimate question about whether articles of impeachment should be brought. That will be the purpose of these hearings and the subsequent work done in the Judiciary Committee," Schiff said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/470157-schiff-says-impeachment-worth-it-even-if-trump-is-not-removed
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:21:38 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Schiff says impeachment worth it even if Trump is not removed
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 03:44:42 am »
Hear! Hear!  I don't expect the GOP to condemn law-breaking when the economy is steady.  They'll just close their eyes, duck reporters, and hope it goes away.  I do expect the opposition party to record and condemn President Trump because the Constitution does not say President Trump is above the law. 

That's a DoJ memo.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 10:49:48 am »
Seems to me that there is yet to be a conviction on anything. Allegations are a dime a dozen, likely less in DC.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Hillary confessed to illegal acts, and that's enough for me to say "guilty", but no one is pursuing those charges.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 01:54:45 pm »
"Did he attempt to commit acts that ought to result in removal?"

If that's it, they'll be lucky to even get Romney's vote to convict. They'll hand Trump the gift of total exoneration heading into the election. And Schiff idiotically believes that it will deter further questionable conduct?

Back in her pre-dementia days Pelosi would have understood that their best option was to pretend to take the high road of letting the voters decide, leaving it officially unresolved so they could continue to hammer on it right through the election.

Schiff is like the pitiful terrorist who accidentally sets off his bomb before he finishes putting it together...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 02:06:30 pm »
This focus on impeachment exclusively just proves that congress in its current form is essentially worthless. 85% of spending is automatic so they're pretty much free to focus on political show trials.

Trump as an executive appears to be taking care of the nation's business as far as DC is concerned, and the world continues to turn. Of course there is an appropriate role for congress, but under Nancy Pelosi they've abdicated it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:07:44 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 05:01:01 pm »
It's going to be satisfying watching Schiffty's Baby Trump balloon slashed and deflated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:34:13 pm »
Schiff:  Orange man bad, m'kay?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 06:13:23 pm »
Old Schifty has shifted again, hedging his bets.
The Republic is lost.