Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 194929 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1525 on: March 28, 2022, 01:32:05 am »
New Orleans - Kid Rock  (so talented he can sing and play any genre)

@libertybele

Here is my favorite Kid Rock song. First time I heard it,I was genuinely shocked to learn that Kid Rock wrote and sang it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFx0MMqb48
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1526 on: March 28, 2022, 01:40:09 am »
@libertybele

Here is my favorite Kid Rock song. First time I heard it,I was genuinely shocked to learn that Kid Rock wrote and sang it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFx0MMqb48

It is a great song @sneakeypete and one of my favorites.  There aren't many songs of Kid Rock's that I don't like -- I don't like his 'rap' songs and some of the language that he uses in some of his songs are a little strong, but he is extremely talented and his music very versatile.  I admire him, that he is his own person.  Good for him.  I've seen several interviews of him and he learned a lot and made his way through the 'school of hard knocks'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1527 on: March 29, 2022, 01:13:04 am »
Carlisle's Haul ~ James McMurtry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqJ5UeTfR0
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline EdinVA

Offline rustynail

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #1535 on: April 01, 2022, 10:30:47 pm »
Good kitty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1536 on: April 02, 2022, 12:10:23 am »

https://twitter.com/Crypsis12/status/1509973994820145155

@mountaineer

That's pretty funny. You can tell the cat is bored out it's mind,but is playing along anyhow.

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1539 on: April 03, 2022, 12:53:25 am »
Country roads ... take me home...to the place I belong ....  happy77

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1540 on: April 03, 2022, 12:58:14 am »
Rocky Mountain High - Colorado   One of my favorites places; absolutely beautiful country.  I would so love to visit again (sigh). :beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1542 on: April 03, 2022, 01:38:02 am »
I'm so used to seeing Keith Urban playing the guitar ... nice to see him on the piano.  Beautiful song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmO1u3ONYg8
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 01:39:12 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1543 on: April 03, 2022, 01:46:48 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1544 on: April 03, 2022, 01:50:26 am »
Rocky Mountain High - Colorado   One of my favorites places; absolutely beautiful country.  I would so love to visit again (sigh). :beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4

@libertybele

I lived in Denver for several years. Went there to go to gunsmith school,and remained there working in a machine shop after I graduated. Only reason I left is my mother died,and my bleephole father couldn't take care of himself anymore,and refused to move.

Yeah,life in the big city can be hectic,but the advantage Denver had was you could ride out of town for 15-20 minutes,and by Gawd you were seriously OUT OF TOWN.

I lived in a Mexican slum because I was cheap and could rent a furnished apt with utilities for 70 bucks a month. Nobody really bothered me for the most part and I didn't bother anybody else,so there were no real problems. Hell,I even had a credit account at the corner liquor store after breaking up a robbery in there one Saturday night while the owners wife was in there alone.

Get up early Sunday morning,jump on my bike and ride 15-20 miles out of town,and and then pull off the interstate,fire up a fat boy,and admire the sunrise. The only noise to be heard was birds and the occasional noise if an 18 wheeler was passing by. 30 minutes of that would totally eliminate 6 days of "city living stress",and I could hop on the bike and ride back to town,a new man.

Not many big cities anywhere in the country where you could do that.

Unlike most big cities,most of the strangers I met were friendly.

Probably the happiest days of my life. ESPECIALLY after my ex left. It was almost like being born again. Best damn thing that ever happened to me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1545 on: April 03, 2022, 01:54:01 am »
@libertybele

I lived in Denver for several years. Went there to go to gunsmith school,and remained there working in a machine shop after I graduated. Only reason I left is my mother died,and my bleephole father couldn't take care of himself anymore,and refused to move.

Yeah,life in the big city can be hectic,but the advantage Denver had was you could ride out of town for 15-20 minutes,and by Gawd you were seriously OUT OF TOWN.

I lived in a Mexican slum because I was cheap and could rent a furnished apt with utilities for 70 bucks a month. Nobody really bothered me for the most part and I didn't bother anybody else,so there were no real problems. Hell,I even had a credit account at the corner liquor store after breaking up a robbery in there one Saturday night while the owners wife was in there alone.

Get up early Sunday morning,jump on my bike and ride 15-20 miles out of town,and and then pull off the interstate,fire up a fat boy,and admire the sunrise. The only noise to be heard was birds and the occasional noise if an 18 wheeler was passing by. 30 minutes of that would totally eliminate 6 days of "city living stress",and I could hop on the bike and ride back to town,a new man.

Not many big cities anywhere in the country where you could do that.

Unlike most big cities,most of the strangers I met were friendly.

Probably the happiest days of my life. ESPECIALLY after my ex left. It was almost like being born again. Best damn thing that ever happened to me.

You have lived a very interesting life @sneakypete   :beer:

Offline Kamaji

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1548 on: April 03, 2022, 04:53:29 pm »

https://youtu.be/-ft8WLX9G1I

An oldie ... but a goodie.  I haven't heard that song in a very, long time. 

Offline libertybele