Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 196971 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1325 on: November 24, 2021, 02:34:43 am »

Thanks.  Watching that really gives one an appreciation for how the Beatles dominated the popular music scene in the 1960s.
Earlier on, though, Elvis was a heavy hitter as well. The 'British Invasion' sure made a change, as did the emergence of Motown.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #1326 on: November 24, 2021, 02:43:06 am »
@libertybele

Marty Stuart is an industrial-strength country music artist,and being invited to play on stage with him is a VERY big deal.

The kid on the drums has the talent to go all the way as a drummer. It really ain't as easy as it looks.

Beckett (the kid) is absolutely an awesome drummer and is extremely focused...yep, I think he's already carved out his niche in life.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1327 on: November 24, 2021, 02:52:27 am »
Speaking as one who cannot pat her head and rub her stomach at the same time, I’m blown away by that boy’s talent. Holy buckets!

I just love watching them, but this was a very special treat to watch them interact with a band. 

They have really been a bright spot in the lives of thousands during this pandemic. Quite amazing to think that their Dad was moping around the house because he missed playing 'gigs' and his wife suggested, why don't you try teaching the kids some songs....that's their story in a nutshell.  The Dad taught the kids, they filmed it to keep in touch with family and friends, some friend posted a video, and it went viral. The kids thrived and the family thrived during the pandemic through their music, and they still lift up my spirits during these difficult and uncertain times.

What talents God has blessed them with!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1328 on: November 24, 2021, 03:25:28 am »
I just love watching them, but this was a very special treat to watch them interact with a band. 

They have really been a bright spot in the lives of thousands during this pandemic. Quite amazing to think that their Dad was moping around the house because he missed playing 'gigs' and his wife suggested, why don't you try teaching the kids some songs....that's their story in a nutshell.  The Dad taught the kids, they filmed it to keep in touch with family and friends, some friend posted a video, and it went viral. The kids thrived and the family thrived during the pandemic through their music, and they still lift up my spirits during these difficult and uncertain times.

What talents God has blessed them with!
I think it is great, they have brought joy to many in hard times. What memories the family will have in later years!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1329 on: November 26, 2021, 06:02:24 am »
Ricky Nelson - "Young Emotions"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by7s9i9rKQc

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online rustynail

Online corbe

« Reply #1331 on: November 29, 2021, 06:41:57 pm »
    20 years ago today we lost a great one.

George Harrison - What is Life (Something Reimagined)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCQYL4FuFfQ
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online rustynail

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1334 on: November 30, 2021, 10:16:50 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2o_DHpGg3s

@rustynail

I will NEVER understand why Buddy Guy isn't ranked right up there with B.B.King.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #1335 on: December 01, 2021, 03:06:06 am »
School - Supertramp (HQ Audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7R_gflT8tg
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1337 on: December 01, 2021, 03:33:56 pm »
Wilson Pickett  -  In the Midnight Hour

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2021, 03:34:53 pm »
Wilson Pickett & Duane Allman  -  Hey Jude

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1339 on: December 08, 2021, 03:27:49 pm »
   He was murdered 41 years ago today.  He has been dead longer than he lived.

ISOLATION. (Raw Studio Mix) - John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (5K Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0hijDNgo8

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1340 on: December 08, 2021, 08:01:45 pm »
   He was murdered 41 years ago today. He has been dead longer than he lived.

ISOLATION. (Raw Studio Mix) - John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (5K Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0hijDNgo8

@corbe

True,but he accomplished more in those 41 years than most people can even dream of accomplishing.

AND........,he did it in the 60's WITHOUT embracing communism. Hell,he even denounced Communists as losers in song.

Damn shame more people didn't pay attention to the lyrics.

Same with Alvin Lee. Had a HUGE hit song (I'd like to change the world) in the early 60's,and dumped all over Chairman Mao while doing it. Damn shame everybody paid attention to the guitar licks and ignored the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYFJB7o9ZQ
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #1342 on: December 08, 2021, 11:54:24 pm »
In honor of John Lennon on the date of his death; December 8, 1980

"Imagine"  (This also reminds me of Cruz's speech announcing his candidacy for President).... Imagine!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHxobd1WLno

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1344 on: December 09, 2021, 07:09:15 am »
@debrawiest

The message on the left side under your avatar reminded me of this song. I had to go listen to it a couple of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-qEGeuarA

LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH (Psalm 150:6)

Let everything
That has breath
Praise the Lord
And let the
Living proclaim
Let everything
That has breath
Praise the Lord
(Repeat)

Let every instrument
Sound His praise
As all His people adore
Let everything
That has breath
Praise the Lord

I will open up my mouth
And He will fill it with praise
I will magnify the Name
The Name that stands
Above all names is Jesus

(Repeat fist chorus)

High sounding cymbals
And trumpets of brass
The sound of one accord
Let everything
That has breath
Praise the Lord

My Lord has put
A new song in my heart
It’s a song of praise to my God
And everyone who
Hears it will rejoice

(Repeat the chorus)

Let everything
That has breath
(Repeat 9 times)
Praise the Lord

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1345 on: December 10, 2021, 05:53:22 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online rustynail

« Reply #1346 on: December 10, 2021, 06:00:46 pm »
Welcome.  Interesting band.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1348 on: December 10, 2021, 07:26:59 pm »
That was nice, @AllThatJazzZ  - thanks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1349 on: December 10, 2021, 11:24:09 pm »
Beethoven, Ludwig van  -  Moonlight Sonata Op. 27 No. 2  (Anastasia Huppmann)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-