Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 194894 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1300 on: November 01, 2021, 11:54:17 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCH7R4uYmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JElrEbAcwY

Bleep The Beatles,Sam and Dave is where it was for me!

Hold on to whatever it is you have before the first one starts playing,or you might hurt yourself.

Or anybody that gets between you and the room you need to dance.

It should have been illegal to play this in dance clubs back in the 60's that were full of teenage boys overdosing on testosterone and alcohol. All hormones and no judgement whatsoever.

Don't ask me how I know this.

I do admit to seeing some males tossed out the second story window of a beach dance club I went to as a teen,when Sam and Dave were appearing.  That is all I am admitting to.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1301 on: November 01, 2021, 11:57:28 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCH7R4uYmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JElrEbAcwY

Bleep The Beatles,Sam and Dave is where it was for me!

Hold on to whatever it is you have before the first one starts playing,or you might hurt yourself.

Or anybody that gets between you and the room you need to dance.

It should have been illegal to play this in dance clubs back in the 60's that were full of teenage boys overdosing on testosterone and alcohol. All hormones and no judgement whatsoever.

Don't ask me how I know this.

I do admit to seeing some males tossed out the second story window of a beach dance club I went to as a teen,when Sam and Dave were appearing.  That is all I am admitting to.

"Soul Man" -- One of the songs in the Blues Brothers movie -- it was great.  I've never heard of Sam and Dave but definitely some dancin' music @sneakypete 

They are good!  :beer:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 11:58:23 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1302 on: November 02, 2021, 12:06:02 am »
Sam Cooke  -  Bring It On Home To Me

Sam & Dave  -  I Take What I Want

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1303 on: November 02, 2021, 12:12:17 am »
And now, the hardest working man in show business.  Mr. Dynamite.  The Godfather of Soul.

James Brown  -  Out of Sight

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1304 on: November 02, 2021, 12:22:59 am »
And now, the hardest working man in show business.  Mr. Dynamite.  The Godfather of Soul.

James Brown  -  Out of Sight

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #1306 on: November 02, 2021, 03:56:54 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FmwBPDT-w

"BACTERIA is life on Mars, but a heartbeat is not life on earth"?   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1307 on: November 02, 2021, 10:18:16 pm »
"Soul Man" -- One of the songs in the Blues Brothers movie -- it was great.  I've never heard of Sam and Dave but definitely some dancin' music @sneakypete 

They are good!  :beer:

@libertybele

I was shocked at how good Belushi and Akryod were covering it.

Jake and Elwood absolutely NAILED it!

Then again,take a close look at the band members backing them up!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1308 on: November 02, 2021, 10:27:44 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FmwBPDT-w

"BACTERIA is life on Mars, but a heartbeat is not life on earth"?   

@LegalAmerican

I'm sorry,but some goober with tats all over his face that thinks rapping is music has thrown away all right to call anyone else "Stupid".

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #1309 on: November 03, 2021, 03:50:27 am »
@LegalAmerican

I'm sorry,but some goober with tats all over his face that thinks rapping is music has thrown away all right to call anyone else "Stupid".

You didn't listen to his words.  He admits he was an addict and had a mental breakdown.  Under therapist.  Listen to his words.  I don't care for tats or multiple piercings.  I listen to his words.  Try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t86ClLM3ZGY

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1310 on: November 03, 2021, 06:45:51 am »
You didn't listen to his words.  [...]  I listen to his words.  Try it.

:beer:

Stepped into Tom McDonald's world in his song 'Fake Woke'...
Published it here with an encouragement for folks to go look at reactions to the song.
Reactions from black folks particularly, which were and still are in vast agreement with Tom's POV.
It is encouraging to see their reactions...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1311 on: November 07, 2021, 01:07:02 am »
So many Briefers are in need of prayer for healing and comfort.  This song came to mind.

Ave Maria - Michael Bolton and Placido Domingo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTc4SvdM4

Offline roamer_1

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1313 on: November 07, 2021, 01:52:19 am »
Raise A Hallelujah  --- - Bethel Music, Jonathan & Melissa Helser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3RRU25dpPg

I raise a hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies
I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief
I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody
I raise a hallelujah, heaven comes to fight for me
I'm gonna sing, in the middle of the storm
Louder and louder, you're gonna hear my praises roar
Up from the ashes, hope will arise
Death is defeated, the King is alive!
I raise a hallelujah, with everything inside of me
I raise a hallelujah, I will watch the darkness flee
I raise a hallelujah, in the middle of the mystery
I raise a hallelujah, fear you lost your hold on me!
Sing a little louder (In the presence of my enemies)
Sing a little louder (Louder than the unbelief)
Sing a little louder (My weapon is a melody)
Sing a little louder (Heaven comes to fight for me)
Sing a little louder (In the presence of my enemies)
Sing a little louder (Louder than the unbelief)
Sing a little louder (My weapon is a melody)
Sing a little louder (Heaven comes to fight for me)
Sing a little louder!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1314 on: November 07, 2021, 02:50:57 am »
Third Day  -  Consuming Fire

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1315 on: November 14, 2021, 01:26:54 am »
Van Halen - "Where Have All The Good Times Gone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHbFI2Ovc0

Offline roamer_1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1317 on: November 15, 2021, 03:55:31 pm »
Scarecrow & Tinman  -  This Much

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1318 on: November 17, 2021, 03:13:19 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1319 on: November 17, 2021, 03:16:52 am »
Eric Clapton - "Wonderful Tonight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UprwkbzUX6g

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1320 on: November 17, 2021, 04:58:36 am »
Eric Clapton  -  The Core (Live)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1321 on: November 19, 2021, 02:29:19 am »
A Depeche Mode mix on Spotify.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1322 on: November 20, 2021, 01:12:58 am »
This is a must see!!! I was absolutely blown away by the amazing increased talent and stage presence that these kids now have. Beckett on drums is  9, Cash on guitar is 11, and Bellamy singer is 7 --- incredibly talented as is their Dad, Clark who has taught them!

Colt Clark & the Quarantine Kids play ENCORE with Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOrE2ZewqAE

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1323 on: November 20, 2021, 04:35:10 am »
This is a must see!!! I was absolutely blown away by the amazing increased talent and stage presence that these kids now have. Beckett on drums is  9, Cash on guitar is 11, and Bellamy singer is 7 --- incredibly talented as is their Dad, Clark who has taught them!

Colt Clark & the Quarantine Kids play ENCORE with Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOrE2ZewqAE

@libertybele

Marty Stuart is an industrial-strength country music artist,and being invited to play on stage with him is a VERY big deal.

The kid on the drums has the talent to go all the way as a drummer. It really ain't as easy as it looks.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1324 on: November 20, 2021, 04:16:13 pm »
@libertybele

The kid on the drums has the talent to go all the way as a drummer. It really ain't as easy as it looks.

Speaking as one who cannot pat her head and rub her stomach at the same time, I’m blown away by that boy’s talent. Holy buckets!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell