Author Topic: The blue wave crashed down on Pennsylvania again, as voters from Philly to Delaware County turned l  (Read 554 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The blue wave crashed down on Pennsylvania again, as voters from Philly to Delaware County turned left
by Julia Terruso, Updated: November 6, 2019-

The political forces that shaped last year’s midterm elections showed no signs of abating Tuesday, as voters turned on Republicans and establishment Democrats alike in races from Philadelphia and Scranton to the suburbs of Delaware and Chester Counties.

Outside Pennsylvania, voter unrest with President Donald Trump and the Republican Party he has taken over helped deliver victories for Democrats in Kentucky, where they narrowly took the governorship, and Virginia, where they seized complete control of the state government for the first time in more than a quarter-century.

Locally, Democrats will hold all five seats on the Delaware County Council, a Republican stronghold since the Civil War, and also assumed a majority on the legislative body in Chester County. In Bucks County, Democrats captured the Board of Commissioners for the first time since 1983.

Read more at: https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsylvania-2019-election-results-20191106.html

Democrats lost mid-terms badly under Obama and somehow, won the 2012 presidential election with some to spare. Some of this doesn't sound good but we'll see.  PA. is always going to be tough, a real battleground that leans blue.

Offline Applewood

Sure, Trump could win re-election, but if he or anyone else thought Republicans could hold onto the senate and retake the house, they may be in for a rude awakening.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sure, Trump could win re-election, but if he or anyone else thought Republicans could hold onto the senate and retake the house, they may be in for a rude awakening.

And how, exactly, does that make you feel?    :shrug:       /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

You need a picture of a psychiatrist couch...
 :cool:
I am not happy about it, to be sure.
Republican control of the federal Government is all well and good, if they could quit writing checks that will bounce, it would be wonderful.
The local and state government entities effect my day-to-day life far more, and I want those to be as conservative as possible.
Texas did pass a law to stop a state income tax from happening in the future, so at least there was enough conservatism in the people who voted for the amendment to allow it to pass.
I hope that there is still hope..................

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I feel like doing something about it.   I don't want to see Donald Trump impeached,  but I don't want to see him on the ballot in 2020 either.   Just as Obama's polarizing style of government swept out Dems in Congress,  so will Trump's similar style lead to an electoral disaster for Republicans up and down the ballot.

GOP suburban losses continue the trend that lost us the House in 2018.   White, suburban, college-educated women are the demographic that most despises Trump, and they are motivated to oppose the GOP.   The GOP is simply done in the Philly suburbs.   Turnout in the Kentucky gubernatorial race was up 50% over 2015 -  who do you think these newly motivated voters are?   In Louisville,  where a Dem would be expected to do well,  Bevin was defeated by over 99,000 votes, vs. only 38,000 in 2015.   Those numbers are as per the WSJ,  which concluded this morning:

This turnout trend has now continued for three Novembers, and Republicans who try to explain it away are fooling themselves.  The GOP under Mr. Trump is losing more college-educated suburban voters, especially women, than it is gaining amoun rural voters or working class former Democrats . . .  Senate Republicans know this, and they know their majority is also at risk.  They can't win merely by turning out the Trump base.   The GOP needs a strategy and agenda to regain support in the suburbs or they will lose the House, the White House and the Senate in 2020

That's reality, folks, cold, hard reality.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

Sad actually.  I've been saying all along that if the Republicans in DC don't get up off their collective behinds and do something, they are going to lose big time.  This goes back to well before Trump.  Promises, promises and not one of them kept.  It's not going to be the impeachment of Trump that will do them in, although I'm sure they will blame it and the Democrats behind it.  No, if the party as a whole goes down in defeat, it will be their own fault because they didn't do their jobs.

Offline skeeter

Sad actually.  I've been saying all along that if the Republicans in DC don't get up off their collective behinds and do something, they are going to lose big time.  This goes back to well before Trump.  Promises, promises and not one of them kept.  It's not going to be the impeachment of Trump that will do them in, although I'm sure they will blame it and the Democrats behind it.  No, if the party as a whole goes down in defeat, it will be their own fault because they didn't do their jobs.

The republicans essentially refuse to distinguish themselves from democrats anymore. Apparently they're waiting for the rats to self destruct, but in reality all they're doing is allowing the left to move the center of public discourse leftward. Voters want someone who believes in something.

Offline Night Hides Not

The republicans essentially refuse to distinguish themselves from democrats anymore. Apparently they're waiting for the rats to self destruct, but in reality all they're doing is allowing the left to move the center of public discourse leftward. Voters want someone who believes in something.

Sadly, we know that the primary thing Pubbies believe in is holding onto their offices and keeping the cash coming in. They'd prefer to be in the majority, because the perks are better.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Outside Pennsylvania, voter unrest with President Donald Trump and the Republican Party he has taken over helped deliver victories for Democrats in Kentucky, where they narrowly took the governorship, and Virginia, where they seized complete control of the state government for the first time in more than a quarter-century.

HorseHillary! The Dims won in Virginia because the majority of the population in northern Va come from cesspools like Boston and New York City. Yankee carpetbaggers who moved close to DC to suck cash from the system. Most moved there because the taxes are lower than in Maryland.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

I feel like doing something about it.   I don't want to see Donald Trump impeached,  but I don't want to see him on the ballot in 2020 either.   Just as Obama's polarizing style of government swept out Dems in Congress,  so will Trump's similar style lead to an electoral disaster for Republicans up and down the ballot.

GOP suburban losses continue the trend that lost us the House in 2018.   White, suburban, college-educated women are the demographic that most despises Trump, and they are motivated to oppose the GOP.   The GOP is simply done in the Philly suburbs.   Turnout in the Kentucky gubernatorial race was up 50% over 2015 -  who do you think these newly motivated voters are?   In Louisville,  where a Dem would be expected to do well,  Bevin was defeated by over 99,000 votes, vs. only 38,000 in 2015.   Those numbers are as per the WSJ,  which concluded this morning:

That's reality, folks, cold, hard reality.   

You've expressed this sentiment several times.  Your first sentence says it all;  "I feel like doing something about it".  @Jazzhead  go for it!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

HorseHillary! The Dims won in Virginia because the majority of the population in northern Va come from cesspools like Boston and New York City. Yankee carpetbaggers who moved close to DC to suck cash from the system. Most moved there because the taxes are lower than in Maryland.

Unfortunately, we are probably going to see the same scenario around the country; people coming from cesspools and moving to areas with lower taxes.  I believe this poses a real threat to FL and TX; two states that Trump must win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline conservativevoter

Gov. Tom Wolfe (D) made it as difficult as he possibly could for voters in Pennsylvania by commandeering the voting booths and turning already small waiting areas into crowded animal pens.  1.  wait in line for sign in.  2.  wait in line for voting table to sit at and chose answer.  3. wait some more for pen ballot to be brought to you at table.  4.  Wait in line to hand in your written ballot to be scanned by machine when you are done.  Many ballots did not fit through scanner..... OOPS! 
Sorry, folks! (not)  'Same to come in 2020', says Wolfe.
 9999hair out0000

Crowded, slow-moving, totally unpractical conditions were witnessed throughout Pennsylvania, and Tom Wolfe doesn't give a flying fig!  (He's serving his second term.)  Some people actually left the voting areas in places, because the lines simply were not moving.   :smokin:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unfortunately, we are probably going to see the same scenario around the country; people coming from cesspools and moving to areas with lower taxes.  I believe this poses a real threat to FL and TX; two states that Trump must win.

@libertybele

I believe it is already too late to save Florida. Not sure about Texas,though. Ironically enough,it may be the 2nd and 3rd generation of American citizens originally from Mexico that saves Texas. I know that some have to be lefties,but I have never actually met one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!